Three NLC workers killed in Harnai attack

Three NLC workers killed in Harnai attack

December 06, 2017

QUETTA - At least three labourers of National Logistic Cell (NLC) were killed on Tuesday when unidentified armed men opened fire on them in Balochistan’s Harnai district.

The NLC workers were busy in rehabilitation work on Sibi-Harnai railway track, when unidentified armed men opened fire and killed three of them in Nakis area.

The terrorists had blown up the track a few years ago suspending train operation between the two districts.

According to police, another labourer also sustained injuries in the attack . The attackers escaped from the crime scene after committing the offence.

Soon after the incident, Deputy Commissioner Abdul Salam Achakzai, FC Colonel along with rescue teams reached the spot and shifted the dead bodies and wounded worker to Civil Hospital Harnai from where the injured worker was referred to Quetta for treatment. Media reports also revealed that six other workers escaped bullet injuries in the assault by running away.

Separately, a cracker attack by armed men in Khuzdar left three people injured who were shifted to hospital.

The armed assailants threw cracker on Sadah Bahar Hotel which wounded three people. Balochistan chief minister has condemned the cracker attack .

TWO FACILITATORS OF

TERROR HIT NABBED

Balochistan Home Minister Mir Sarfraz Bugti on Tuesday claimed that two facilitators of suicide attack on DPO Qilla Abdullah had been apprehended from Chaman who confessed to receiving 7000 rupees and phone cards for acting as facilitators.

“Two of the facilitators – Muhammad Salim and Mehmood Khan – of a suicide hit on District Police Officer Sajid Khan Momand have been netted from border city of Chaman who have confessed to their crime. They said the terror act planned in Afghanistan and they received perks,” home minister revealed at a press conference. He was flanked by Deputy Inspector General of Police (DIG) Abdul Razzaq and Sector Commander Frontier Corps.

DPO Qillah Abdullah Sajid Khan Mohmand was targeted in a suicide attack on July 10 this year in Chaman.

Mir Bugti, speaking to mediamen here, said the facilitators belonged to Chaman. Suicide jackets and other material had also been recovered from terrorists.

He maintained that the facilitators had also pleaded guilty of various heinous crimes like kidnapping for ransom and bank robberies.

The confessional statements of the held terrorists were also played on multimedia screens, in which one of the terrorist Muhammad Salim said, “My name is Muhammad Salim alias Jandullah alias Hafiz Sahib alias Hamidullah and father name is Abdul Rahim.”

“I am Achakzai by cast and a resident of Sanzarla Karez Chaman. I got my early religious education from Hafiz Abdul Zahir’s seminary at Boghra Road Chaman,” he said.

He said he started activities with Mehmood Khan alias Umar Rizwan in Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan in 2016 and their colleagues had kidnapped Dr Akhtar Muhammad and another man from Chaman and kept them for one week in a rented house and later shifted them to Spinboldak Afghanistan and asked 4.8 million ransom from their relatives.

Another terrorist Mehmood Khan alias Umar Rizwan in his confessional statement said that they had also been given task of planning to target Deputy Commissioner Quetta, Qilla Abdullah, Police Training Center, security forces, police officers, media representatives and educational institutes after attack on DPO Chaman Sajid Momand.

For these attacks suicide jackets were also provided but security forces arrested them and seized these suicide jackets, Mehmood Khan noted.

“The Afghan soil is being used against Pakistan,” said home minister, adding, now an Afghan parliamentarian was also claiming that India was using Afghan soil to carry out terrorism in Pakistan.”