Rawalpindi - An anti-terrorism court yesterday again issued notice to former Interior Minister Rehman Malik to record his statement in Benazir Bhutto murder case after the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) told the court that previous notice could not be served on Malik owing to incomplete postal address.
The court directed the FIA to find address of their former boss (Malik) itself and serve summons for the next date of hearing. The court fixed February 10 for recording testimony of Malik .
On the other hand, SSP Waqar Chohan could not be cross-examined by the defence lawyer. Former CPO Syed Saud Aziz and former SP Rawal Division Khurram Shehzad were also present in the courtroom during the case proceedings.
Earlier, the court had issued notice to former Interior Minister Rehman Malik to record his statement in Benazir Bhutto (BB) assassination case. Malik was been directed by the court to appear in person on February 8, 2016. Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has included the name of Malik as prosecution witness in the list provided to the ATC .
A close aide of Rehman Malik , when contacted, had told The Nation that Malik had not received any notice from ATC so far in BB murder case. He said that former interior minister would definitely face the trial court if he received the notice.