QUETTA - An anti-terrorism court (ATC) in Quetta on Tuesday dismissed former president Pervez Musharraf's bail plea in Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti’s murder case.
Counsel for Musharraf, Muhammad Ilyas advocate, had filed the bail application. The court, after hearing the arguments of both the parties, reserved the judgment on Monday. Announcing his verdict on Tuesday, ATC Judge Muhammad Ismail Baloch dismissed the bail application of Pervez Musharraf. Nawabzada Jamil Bugti, a son of Akbar Bugti, had nominated Musharraf, former prime minister Shaukat Aziz, ex-interior minister Aftab Sherpao and former Balochistan governor Owais Ahmed Ghani in his father’s murder.Talking to media persons, Sohail Rajput, counsel for Nawabzada Jamil Akbar Bugti, said Musharraf was frequently asked to appear before the court of law, but he did not turn up. He said former president Pervez Musharraf was the main accused in Bugti’s murder case and different courts had already issued non-bailable arrest warrants for him in this regard.
Akbhar Bugti was killed in a military operation on the mountains of Dera Bugti district on August 26, 2006.