SARAJEVO (AFP) - A new mass grave believed to contain dozens of victims of the 1995 Srebrenica massacre has been discovered in eastern Bosnia , an official said Tuesday. The new grave measuring at least 10 by three metres was discovered at Kamenica village, near the town of Zvornik, said Murat Hurtic of Bosnia 's Missing Persons Commission. "The remains of around 10 people appeared on the surface as we removed the first layer of soil (and) at least several dozen remains" were expected to be uncovered in total, he told AFP. The exhumation work was expected to continue for two weeks. Serb forces overran the then UN-protected Muslim enclave Srebrenica in the final phase of Bosnia 's 1992-1995 war, summarily killing some 8,000 Muslim men and boys in Europe's single worst atrocity since World War II. The victims were initially buried in a dozen mass graves. But after the release of satellite pictures showing large portions of freshly disturbed ground, Serbs moved them to other locations in order to cover up the crimes. The body parts were separated during reburial using bulldozers, and forensic experts sometimes found parts of a single person buried in three different so-called secondary graves. "It is the 10th so-called secondary grave found in Kamenica", said Amor Masovic, the head of the commission. Soil probes showed there were at least three other graves in the village, he said, adding that they would probably be exhumed later this year. The remains of thousands of the victims have been exhumed from about 70 mass graves around the ill-fated town, with more than 5,600 people identified by DNA analysis. Meanwhile, Ratko Mladic, the former Yugoslavia's most wanted war crimes fugitive, sheltered between 2002-5 at properties owned by the Serbian military and in Belgrade apartments, a Serbian minister told a German magazine. "Between June 1 2002 and the end of 2005 he sought refuge in three properties owned by the military and in several Belgrade apartments," said Rasim Ljajic, Serbia's minister in charge of cooperation with the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (ICTY). He told German weekly Spiegel that "many people" were aware that the former Bosnian Serb military commander was being hidden by the military, but they kept quiet either because of threats or because they were opposed to him being handed over the ICTY. "Unfortunately we only discovered this afterwards," Ljajic told Spiegel in an interview published this week. "On the other hand Mladic's stay in Belgrade was only known to a few people," the magazine quoted him as saying in comments published in German. Mladic, indicted by the ICTY for genocide and crimes against humanity for atrocities including the Srebrenica massacre of 8,000 Muslims during Bosnia 's 1992-1995 war, has been on the run for more than a decade. The 66-year-old is the most wanted war crimes fugitive after the arrest in Belgrade last month of Radovan Karadzic, his wartime political leader. Karadzic was arrested riding a suburban bus through the Serbian capital Belgrade disguised as the hirsute healer, Doctor Dragan Dabic. He made his first appearance before the UN war crimes court in The Hague on July 31.