The PML-N is continuing to attract other parties and candidates after its victory in May 11 elections. After JUI-F’s coming on board the other day, National Peoples Party (NPP) chief Ghulam Murtaza Jatoi on Friday announced to merge his party into N-League. Sardar Jamal Khan Leghari and Sardar Farooq Khan Leghari along with three MPAs-elect also announced to join this party.

Ghulam Murtaza Jatoi and other senior members of his party met Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz President Nawaz Sharif and formerPunjabchief minister Shahbaz Sharif for the merger of the NPP into the PML-N. Jatoi would formally announce this decision in his hometown in Sindh.

Separately, Legharis, who won the National Assembly seats from Dera Ghazi Khan, called on PML-N leadership along with MPA-elect Mahmood Qadir, Javed Lund and Aleem Shah and announced their unconditional joining the winning party.

During the meeting Nawaz said that being impressed by his party’s people friendly policies, the independently elected candidates are joining their ranks. He said his party will take all of them along to rid the country of the scourge of loadshedding, corruption, price hike and others problems. Nawaz said the time to come is of progress and development ofPakistan.

Talking to media along with Ghulam Murtaza Jatoi and PML-N Sindh President Ghous Ali Shah, Shahbaz said the session of national andPunjabassemblies must be called within 20/21 days of the election and hopefully this time-limit will be observed. He denied any scheduled meeting with Zardari.

Shahbaz Sharif blamed the caretaker prime minister for acting on the instructions of President Asif Ali Zardari and turning deaf ear to their legitimate demands. The postings, transfers, appointments and various other steps taken by the interim federal administration were quite inapt and does not befit in the mandate of caretaker setup when an elected government is round the corner, he said.

He said caretaker Prime Minister Mir Hazar Khan Khoso must respect the public mandate for which he is bound legally, morally and politically and he should refrain from such wholesale reshuffling and appointments which the PM was doing on the instance of Zardari. He gave a serious warning to the caretaker PM that if he did not understand what they (PML-N) say, they will adopt strong measures. He said what the premier was doing was not the call of his office at this stage.

The PML-N leader also called for a probe wherever rigging has been alleged. He claimed that no rigging took place inPunjabwhile in Sindh the brother in law of Asif Ali Zardari is still working as additional chief secretary, casting suspicions on the fairness of election there. He said the Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) should not speak of Punjab only but the whole Pakistan. He said his party accepts the PTI mandate in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and PPP’s in Sindh, and they expect the PTI to accept their mandate.

Shahbaz said that before elections, wide-range reshuffling in administration and police were undertaken in Punjab to ensure fair and free election. And now the CM Sethi himself endorses that elections in the province have been held free and transparent. He said the EU observers have also said that 90 per cent elections have been held in a fair manner while occasional incidents of unfairness took place in the rest 10 per cent. Despite all that, if anyone has complaints of riggings he should contact the election commission, he added.

Ghaus Ali Shah told the media that the PPP gave extraordinary concessions to the interim government in Sindh and keeping that in view, he had warned long before that election would not be fair in that province. He said an unprecedented rigging was carried out in Sindh through paralysing the police at the polling stations.

Ghulam Murtaza Jatoi while accusing the PPP of ruining the country said that his party was defeated on three seats through rigging and called for re-polling in those constituencies. He said he had decided to merge the NPP into the PML-N as the PPP has no solution to the problems of the country and the PML-N leaders have a definite programme to deliver.