BORDEAUX (France) (AFP) Bordeaux coach Laurent Blanc was on Thursday officially confirmed as the chosen successor to Raymond Domenech as manager of France after the World Cup. In a statement the French Football Federation said that the federal council had confirmed the choice of Laurent Blanc for the post of national coach following the 2010 World Cup. The FFF will not comment further on this dossier before the signing of the contract which will finalise the recruitment of Laurent Blanc , the statement added. The announcement followed a meeting between Bordeaux president Jean-Louis Triaud and his FFF counterpart Jean-Pierre Escalettes concerning the departure of Blanc who still has one year left on his current contract. Triaud had previously expressed his anger at the very premature announcement of Blanc as a possible candidate and estimated that the loss of profit by the move would cost his club 20 million euros. A federation cannot simply go at will and hire a coach who is already working. This contributed to our sporting failure, said Triaud. According to sports daily LEquipe, Bordeaux will finally settle for 1.5 million euros in compensation. Blanc also wants to bring his current deputy coach Jean-Louis Gasset with him to the France team. Blanc , a World Cup and Euro winning defender with France as a player, led Bordeaux to the 2009 league title and to the quarter-finals of this seasons Champions League, losing to league rivals Lyon. However his side could only finish sixth and out of the European places in Saturdays final round of league matches.