NAB chief seeks report from Establishment Division

Fake appointments on Balochistan quota

November 24, 2017

ISLAMABAD - National Accountability Bureau Chairman Justice (retd) Javed Iqbal on Thursday sought a report from the Establishment Division about the appointments allegedly made on fake domiciles in various federal government departments against a quota allocated for Balochistan.

Taking notice of the recruitments allegedly made in various federal government departments on fake domiciles of Balochistan, the NAB chairman directed the secretary Establishment Division to submit the report so that an inquiry could be conducted against the persons who had issued counterfeit domiciles.

The NAB chairman also directed the secretary to submit details of the persons recruited in various federal and Balochistan government departments under the Aghaz-e-Haqooq-e-Balochistan package.

The secretary Establishment Division was also directed to submit a report about the posts approved by the federal government under the package, the persons recruited under the package and the posts still lying unfilled. 

The secretary Establishment Division has also been directed to present reasons for not making recruitments so far against the quota allocated under the Aghaz e Haqooq-e-Balochistan package.

Talking to The Nation, a senior officer of the Establishment Division hailed the NAB chairman for the intervention saying the federal government enunciated a policy in 2012 under which civil servants who have domicile of Balochistan would go back to the province after completing their three years term in other provinces.

He said that the federal government had introduced the policy because several officers have been posted against senior positions in federal government departments on fake domiciles of Balochistan.

He said that the officers who have been posted on Balochistan’s domicile in civil and federal services avoid serving in Balochistan after getting lucrative positions in the federal government and provinces. He said that the Establishment Division has issued show cause notices to several officers who have denied to go back to Balochistan.

He said that the officers who belong to Balochistan were not ready to serve in the province and gave the example of Punjab Food Authority Noor-Ul-Ameen Mingal Director General, who has refused to go back to the province despite a notification issued by the Establishment Divison.

He said the Establishment Division had transferred him to Balochistan a few months back and he had challenged his transfer order in Lahore High Court, which rejected his plea, directing him to follow the federal government’s order.

Establishment Division spokesperson Dr Masood Akhtar Chaudhary told The Nation that the federal government has no mechanism in place to check the status of domiciles to ascertain their veracity about their being original or fake.

He said that the Establishment Division will forward a list of officers to the Balochistan government to get their domiciles verified.