ISLAMABAD - Ministry of Interior Thursday in a statement on Thursday said that the Federal Investigation Agency (FIA) has not at all halted its investigations into the Asghar Khan case and there is headway in the probe of scandal of alleged dolling out of funds among the politicians by the country’s premier intelligence agency.
The spokesman of the ministry also rebutted some media reports that FIA had halted investigations in this case just to woo military establishment and to improve the elected government’s soaring relations with the military.
Giving details of the investigations made so far in the case, the statement said that FIA had got recordings of all unedited interviews of TV channels and their transcripts from Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority (PEMRA) in this regard and the information was being sifted. FIA has also got all the record of the case from the Supreme Court of Pakistan and that was also going through the process of sifting and investigations.
The spokesman said that FIA has got statements of Air Marshal (retd) Asghar Khan - the petitioner in the case, former banker Younis Habib, former zonal chief HBL Younis Memon and Lt General (retd) Asad Durrani. The investigators have also contacted former chief of army staff General (retd0 Mirza Aslam Beg.
The statement said that FIA had got all the records including the fake accounts opened by Younis Habib, the amount deposited in those accounts and then withdrawn and the sources of funding and the investigations were underway.
He said that FIA would soon summon all persons involved in the case to get their statements recorded.