KARACHI - As many 100 people mostly women and children were rushed to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre after they consumed poisonous food during a wedding ceremony in Korangi locality on Saturday. The people complained that they had Biryani and Quorma during a wedding ceremony after their condition deteriorated. Police said that victims slept after the wedding but in morning one by one all those who had food were rushed to the hospital.Doctors said that patients started arriving at the hospital at around 6 in the morning which continued for at least three hours. They said that their stomachs had to be washed. “Patients were complaining of diarrhea and vomiting,” said the hospital’s deputy executive director, Dr Seemin Jamali. Patients were admitted in different wards of the hospital but they were discharged after being given first aid. The affected people included more than 60 women and 16 children; are all out of danger. Police are investigating. SHO Abbas Kolachi said that the samples of the foods and water have been sent to the lab. No case has been registered.This news was published in The Nation newspaper. Read complete newspaper of 18-May-2014 here.