LAHORE - Punjab Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif on Thursday turned down PTI Chairman Imran Khan’s demand for the resignation of Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif.
He said that it is out of question that Nawaz Sharif would resign as the primer minister. He termed the demand as unconstitutional and uncalled for. He said the Lahorites rejected the long march of both the parties. He said that both PTI and PAT wanted to create anarchy in the country but the government would not let them do so.
Meanwhile, a 3-member committee has been set up that would into the matter of a video footage showing Law Minister Rana Mashhood Ahmad Khan finalising a bribe deal with a Lahore-based businessmen. It is worth mentioning that the video footage was telecast by a private TV channel the other day.
The committee comprising PML-N Chairman Senator Raja Zafarul Haq, Senator Rafiq Rijwana Advocate and MPA Begum Zakia Shahnawaz would probe the matter and present a detailed report to the chief minister within a week.
MASHHOOD DENIES BRIBE DEAL VIDEO
Punjab Law Minister Rana Mashhood Ahmad Khan denied the video recording related to his alleged bribe deal with a businessman.
Talking to media on the veracity of a video recording aired by a private TV channel alleging the minister for receiving millions of rupees as bribe from businessman Malik Asim on behalf the Punjab chief minister, Mashhood categorically denied contents of the video and said he neither indulged in such act nor ever practiced corruption. “I belong to a middleclass family and my elders had laid down their lives in the struggle for Pakistan.”
Mashood terming Malik Asim as notorious said the story in the video is totally fabricated and has been built joining and editing 37 different video clips. He said Malik is the spouse of a former MPA who was his colleague as such their families were on visiting terms on each other during the time of his Deputy Speakership. He said Asif borrowed Rs7 million from him of which Rs4 million got dishonoured and the video clips might be of different occasions when they met in the course of his demand for the return of the money.
The minister also showed the media the copy of cheques which failed to be honoured by the bank and maintained the video scandal is baseless and mendacious. He said that the FIA, while holding inquiry on the complaint number 955 in 2012, had already found the accusations against him concocted and malicious. He said the matter also stands rejected by the superior courts.