LAHORE - Ten people fell unconscious while eight buffaloes died when a cloud of ammonia gas spewed from an ice-making plant in Green Town on early Saturday, rescuers said. The incident triggered panic in the entire Bagrian locality as residents started fleeing to safer places.The rescuers said that they shifted 10 people to hospital after they fell unconscious because of gas leak. Local residents said that eight buffaloes grazing in a plot beside the factory, also died due to the hazardous gas. As the workers arrived to start the processing, all of a sudden, they witnessed a large plume of ammonia gas shooting from a refrigeration unit inside the building, according to police. They tried to plug the leak but failed to do so because of massive gas pressure.Investigation is underway but the rescuers pointed to faulty pressure relief valve in the refrigeration unit.Police have arrested owner of the factory, identified as Baqir Khan, after registering a case against him. Further investigation was underway. They also sealed off the area around one kilometer.ACCIDENT: A 48-year-old cyclist was killed when a recklessly-driven car bumped into his two-wheeler in Barki. Police said that Muhammad Boota, riding on a bicycle, was on his way home when a car smashed into his cycle near Hayer Pind. He died on the spot while the driver managed to escape from the scene. Police have impounded the car and are investigating.This news was published in The Nation newspaper. Read complete newspaper of 24-Aug-2014 here.