QUETTA - Faisal Edhi, son of renowned philanthropist and head of Edhi Trust Abdul Sattar Edhi, has said that four rescue workers were shot dead on Alamdar Road after Thursday’s bombings.“We would continue serving humanity and to materialise the mission of martyrs,” he said while talking to reporters during his visit to the Quetta Press Club on Saturday to express condolence over the death of three journalists, who were killed in Alamdar Road bombings.Faisal Edhi regretted that the situation had deteriorated to the extent that everyone was sceptical about others, adding ‘after every terror incident, infuriated people come out armed and target the innocent.“Four injured of bomb blasts, Asif Maseh, Sabour Qureshi, Zarif Mengal and Muhammad Aktar, were shot in chest, head and abdomen,” he added.Faisal said that Hazara protestors had weapons; journalists and rescue workers put their lives at risk while discharging their duties after the bombings. He said that Edhi Trust was taking steps for financially supporting the families of four deceased rescuers while the government had also announced Rs1 million for heirs of each deceased.Addressing the press conference, Balochistan Union of Journalists President Essa Tareen said: “Journalists have to put their lives at risk to give the breaking news to their channels and if they do not do so, they will be fired by their employers.Yaqoob Shahwani and Noor Elahi Bugti said that media owners were unaware with the suffering of journalists. They said 30 journalists had been killed while discharging duties.Faisal agreed that journalists were working in a dire condition in Balochistan, adding that journalists and rescuers were facing similar situation and they should assist each other.Meanwhile, a teenager was killed in a bomb blast at Sabzaal Road of Quetta on Saturday night.According to police, explosives were planted at Golimar Chowk along with the road that exploded with a huge blast. Resultantly, a boy received multiple wounds and died before reaching a hospital. Police and Ehdi rescue workers rushed to the site and shifted the body to a hospital where the deceased was identified as Abdul Nabi, 15.Police handed over the body to the heirs after completing legal formalities and started investigation.

This news was published in The Nation newspaper. Read complete newspaper of 13-Jan-2013 here.