KARACHI - On the second consecutive day, another media house came under attack as a bomb planted there was found by the security guards.
“Owing to Monday’s incident, the security guards of ARY News had been put on high alert,” said an ARY News correspondent. The security guards were searching the premises. All of a sudden, they found some suspicious material. On receiving information, police and rangers reached the site and cordoned off the area. Bomb disposal squad’s experts also reached there and defused the bomb. “This was a ‘cane bomb’. Similar bombs were used to target The Nation and Business Recorder,” said a bomb disposable squad official. “It contained around 500 grams of explosives, including ball bearings and metallic pieces,” he added.
“Actually, the bomb could not be thrown on our office due to strict security measures, but it seems it was placed there to be used for some other time,” the correspondent said.
The offices of The Nation and Business Recorder were targeted on Monday with bombs. Two persons were injured in the attack on the office of Business Recorder whereas the device hurled on the office of The Nation did not explode.
Meanwhile, the cases of the attacks on The Nation, Waqt News and Business Recorder were registered by Soldier Bazaar police station against unidentified persons.
Though the culprits have not so far been arrested, the police investigators believe the same group is behind the attacks on the media houses.