About the terms
Access to and use of ‘NATION.COM.PK’ is provided by the Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers on the following terms:
1. By using this website you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the site. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use and/or contribute to Nation.com.pk.
2. Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers may change these terms from time to time. You are advised to review these terms every time you use this site. Your use of the site will be deemed acceptance of the terms as updated or amended. If there is any conflict between any term herein and a specific term appearing elsewhere on Nation.com.pk, then the conflict shall be resolved in favour of the latter.
Use of Nation.com.pk
3. You shall use this site only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone else’s use and enjoyment of this site. Prohibited behaviour includes harassing or causing distress or inconvenience to any person, transmitting obscene or offensive content or disrupting the normal flow of dialogue within this site.
4. All copyright, trademarks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered or unregistered) in and on this website and all content (including all applications) of the website shall remain vested in Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers or its licensors. You shall not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use the content of this website in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You shall not adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any content of this website except for your own personal, non-commercial use. Any other use of the content of this website requires the prior written permission of Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers.
5. The names, images and logos identifying Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers or third parties and their products and services are subject to copyright, design rights and trade marks of Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers and/or third parties. Nothing contained in these terms shall be construed as conferring any licence or right to use any intellectual property of Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers or any other third party.
Contributions to Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers
6. By sharing any contribution (including any text, photographs, graphics, video or audio) with Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers, you grant to Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers, free of charge, permission to use the material in any way it wants without any restriction (including modifying and adapting it for operational and editorial reasons) for Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers services in any media worldwide. In certain circumstances Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers may also share your contribution with other news agencies or other trusted third parties.
7. Copyright in your contribution will remain with you and this permission is not exclusive, so you can continue to use the material in any way including allowing others to use it.
8. You confirm that your contribution is your own original work, is not defamatory and does not infringe any Pakistani laws, that you have the right to give Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers the permission to use it for the purposes specified above, and that you have the consent of anyone who is identifiable in your contribution or the consent of their parent / guardian if they are under 18.
12. Nation.com.pk communities (including message boards) shall be used in accordance with the following Community Rules and the local house rules, if any, of the particular service you’re using.
The following is unacceptable:
(i) Disruptive, offensive or abusive behaviour or material
(ii) Unlawful or objectionable content
(iii) Spamming or off-topic material
(iv) Advertising or promoting
(v) ‘Spoilers’, i.e., material that contains plot developments which haven’t been previously transmitted or published in Pakistani media, unless submitted specifically marked as a ‘spoiler’.
(vii) Inappropriate user names
(viii) Posting of URLs (web site addresses), unless allowed under any relevant local house rules.
(ix) Misuse of the complaints facility
(x) Contributions which are not your own original work; which infringe the rights of others
(xi) Accounts that are not registered with a valid personal email address accessed regularly.
(xii) The use of multiple logins for the purpose of disrupting a community or annoying other users
(xiii) Attempts to hide the use of multiple accounts, or pretending to be a Pakistani user, or attempting to disrupt any service in any way
Consequences of breach of Rules:
If Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers is of the opinion that you have breached any of the above Rules, Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers may use whatever information that is available to it about you to stop any further breach. This may include informing relevant third parties such as your employer, school or email provider about the breach.
Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers reserves the right to delete any contribution, or take any action against any registered account, at any time, for any reason whatsoever, without assigning any reason for such action.
Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
13. The majority of content posted in Nation.com.pk community pages is created by members of the public. Hence, views expressed therein may not be those of Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers. Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers is not responsible for any content posted by members of the public on Nation.com.pk or for the availability or content of any sites that are accessible through Nation.com.pk. Any links to third party websites from Nation.com.pk do not amount to any endorsement of that site by Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers and any use of that site by you is at your own risk.
14. All content of this website is provided “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers does not make any representation or warranty of satisfactory quality, fitness, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy, nor does it guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided is correct at the time of publication, no responsibility is accepted for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
15. Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers shall not be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such damage or losses were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of this website regardless of the form of action.
16. Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers does not warrant or guarantee that functions available on this website will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that Nation.com.pk or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. It is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
17. The failure or delay of Nawaiwaqt Group of Newspapers to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not amount to waiver.
18. These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of Pakistan.