MUMBAI (AFP) - The trial of Ajmal Kasab accused of taking part in Mumbai attacks in 2008 closed on Wednesday after a year of dramatic courtroom testimony. The judge will deliver a verdict on May 3 on 22-year-old Mohammed Ajmal Kasab, said to be the lone surviving gunman from the attacks, which traumatised India and strained already tense relations with Pakistan. The prosecution has demanded the death penalty for Kasab and presented evidence it considers overwhelmingly proves his guilt, including a photo of him carrying an AK-47 machine gun through the main train terminal in Mumbai. The school dropout is accused on scores of charges including waging war against India and murder over three days of carnage from November 26-29 which targeted luxury hotels, a restaurant, the railway station and a Jewish centre. Now my job begins. May 3 will be the day of judgement, Judge ML Tahaliyani said after final legal arguments in the special courtroom set up in a prison in Mumbai. Kasab, dressed in a traditional long white shirt from his native state of Punjab, in Pakistan, was subdued as the trial ended. He held a handkerchief to his face for much of the day as he stood in the dock. During his final arguments earlier this month, state prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam had called Kasab a conniving, depraved murderer who was trained by Lashkar-e-Taiba. The case against Kasab is overwhelming and enough evidence has been given of Pakistani involvement, Nikam told the court. Kasab initially pleaded not guilty when the trial started in April, but in July made a shock confession, admitting being one of two gunmen who opened fire at the train station. He also detailed how the group was trained by the banned LeT, and he then asked for swift justice. Please go ahead and hang me, he said at the time. But in December he retracted his confession, saying he had been framed by police after coming to Mumbai to seek a career in the Bollywood film industry. Kasab has taken different defences in order to save his skin, Nikam told reporters. Kasabs lawyer, KP Pawar, had said the confession was nothing but a manipulated and fabricated document of the prosecution and that he had shown the improbabilities of the case against his client. Kasab and an alleged accomplice who died are accused of taking part in the bloodiest episode in the 60-hour reign of terror, opening fire with AK-47 assault rifles and throwing grenades in the train station. Some 52 people died and 109 others were wounded there.