ISLAMABAD - Army spokesman and Director General ISPR Major General Athar Abbas said on Sunday Pak Army is ready to defend the frontiers of the motherland and is at high alert to meet any eventuality. Reacting to Indian media reports, he said Pak Army is ready and Pak Navy and PAF had been put on high alert. He also made it clear that country's five-year old ceasefire with India still holds ground and there was no military build-up at the border in the wake of the Mumbai attacks. "We have seen reports in media suggesting suspension of ceasefire (in Indian occupied Kashmir) and movement of troops on the Indian side of the border," the spokesman said, adding as far as the official authenticated reports are concerned there is no such movement or mobilisation of troops. The two nuclear-armed neighbours went to the brink of war in 2002, but embarked on a peace process in 2004 that has held ground for the last four years. Agencies add: "We have seen reports in media suggesting suspension of ceasefire (in Kashmir) and movement of troops on the Indian side of the border," chief military spokesman Maj-Gen Athar Abbas told AFP. "As far as the official authenticated reports are concerned there is no such movement or mobilisation of troops. The ceasefire is holding." Athar Abbas said that no solid evidence is found regarding the unusual Indian military movement at the international border. "Our intelligence sources have also told us that no such directives were issued by Indian government to boost troops at Pak-India border", he said. Monitoring Desk adds: Indain Army is not mobilising troops on border with Pakistan in the wake of Mumbai terror strikes, a senior Indian army official said on Sunday scotching speculation in this regard, reports Indian news channel Doordarshan. "We have not received any orders from the government for moving our troops to the borders and there will be no (2002) Operation Parakram-like mobilisation," the official said in New Delhi. After the Parliament attack in December 2002, India had mobilised troops on the western front creating an eyebal-to-eyeball situation for 11 months but no war was fought. The official also said the border ceasefire was well in place and there was no move to call it off as reported in some sections of the media.