ISLAMABAD One soldier was injured when terrorists attacked Ladha Fort on Razmak Sector in South Waziristan Agency (SWA), while another soldier received injuries during clearance operation in Mir Khoni in Razmak Sector. According to an ISPR press release issued here on Monday, on Jandola Sector, security forces carried out sanitisation of built up area at Kulal Raghzai and consolidation of positions was under process. Security forces also carried out search operation at Tank and apprehended one suspect. On Shakai Sector, it said, terrorists fired four rockets at Ladha Fort resultantly one soldier was injured. Security forces also carried out clearance operation near area Asman Manza. On Razmak Sector, terrorists fired rockets, mortars and small arms at Pash Ziarat and Kam Narakai, which was effectively responded by the security forces. During clearance operation at Mir Khoni area one soldier was injured. Meanwhile, in Swat and Malakand the security forces carried out search operation in area Chakral and discovered a 15 feet long cave. During search operation at Shagai near Piochar, the security forces found a 10 feet long tunnel. Search operation was also carried out at Jumnari, Dogalgai near Biha, Usmanabad, Gul Banda and Mashkumai and four suspects were apprehended. Security forces also apprehended five other suspects during search operation at Pallai. Agencies add: More than 600 Taliban have been killed so far in the six-week-old offensive in South Waziristan, military spokesman Athar Abbas said in a telephonic interview with Bloomberg, a US TV channel. Army has claimed a steadily rising death toll in the campaign against the Mehsud tribal faction and allied extremists, which the government says have 5,000 to 8,000 members and sponsor 80 per cent of terrorist attacks in the country. 70 soldiers have also lost their lives, Abbas said. It is pertinent to recall that the war zone is prohibited for journalists and casualty figures are impossible to be verified. A number of Taliban fighters have escaped via mountainous routes to regroup in the Orakzai and Khyber agencies. But Abbas maintained that the Army would continue striking suspected Taliban camps in those areas. Meanwhile, troops killed eight insurgents in Bara and Wana on Sunday, officials said, as the military pursues an ambitious offensive in the Talibans mountain strongholds. Four militants were killed during a search operation in Bara town in Khyber district. Four militants were killed and several others were wounded in search operations in different parts of Bara, a senior military official told AFP, requesting anonymity as he was not authorised to speak to the media. Ground troops and attack helicopters last week launched a fresh operation against militants in Khyber, which is on the main route for NATO supplies heading to foreign troops in Afghanistan. Also Sunday, four militants were killed in Wana, the capital of South Waziristan where the military launched a massive ground and air offensive against the Taliban on October 17. Troops retaliated after militants fired rockets at their camp in Wana. Four militants were killed and two were arrested, a local military spokesman said. Meanwhile, security forces have taken control of Sar Garhi in Orakzai Agency and also seized a large cache of arms and ammunition. And in parts of Lower Kurram, security forces also took over an important training centre comprising three bunkers, which was run by TTP Chief Hakimullah Mehsud in Shash area and recovered important documents, explosives and landmines. Meanwhile, Commandant Frontier Constabulary (FC) Brig Fayyaz has said at least 61 militants have been killed and 87 arrested so far in the ongoing operation against banned Lashkar-e-Islam and Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan in Khyber Agency. These elements, he said, included Uzbek, Afghans and our own misled people. Beside, this he said 27 vehicles were also destroyed while four jawans of FC were also injured in the action. He informed that beside 82 Indian origin mortars rounds and mines, a huge cache of weapons, explosive material, suicide jackets and modern arms were also recovered from the possession of terrorists. He said terrorists and extremists have been besieged and no leniency would be exhibited with them. Foreign elements are involved in creating unrest in Bara and we have evidence in this respect, he said this while briefing the mediamen about the security forces offensive in Bara. He claimed to have purged Bara of miscreants and said the hunt for Lashkar-e-Islam chief Mangal Bagh, who was a coward and had no courage to face security forces, was on, adding that he would soon be exterminated. Answering a question, he said security forces had taken control of Mamanri, Shedakhel and Merikhel areas adjoining Orakzai Agency after flushing out militants. Briefing newsmen in Tehsil Bara, Khyber Agency regarding 'Operation Khawakh Bade Sham, he vowed that those who are disturbing law and order situation and challenging the writ of government would be dealt with iron hands. On this occasion, arms and ammunition including Indian origin mines and mortars recovered from the terrorists were also displayed before the media. Brig Fayyaz reiterated that the operation against terrorists and extremists is not targeted against any particular tribe. The security forces in Bara, he said, are carrying action against banned Tehrik-e-Taliban and Lashkar-e-Islam in which he claimed maximum successes. He said the terrorists have taken refuge in the Gurguri area of Khyber Agency, where they had constructed numerous caves and explosive manufacturing factories. We had seized these caves and explosive manufacturing factories and have killed and arrested several terrorists in the action, the Commander FC added. He said they have also seized huge cache of foreign origin arms and explosives. He said the backbone of terrorists has been broken and they were going underground, but the security forces will follow them everywhere and will not rest until their elimination. The Commander said Bara has been cleared of the militants, where chief of the banned Lashkar-e-Islam, Mangal Bagh and Tehrik-e-Talibans Tariq, Nazir and Adnan have made the lives of the people miserable. It would not be bad to name banned Lashkar-e-Islam as Lashkar-e-Fasad, maintained the Commander FC, saying that these miscreants had shed the blood of several innocent people. He said the security forces have achieved success in Chapri Ferozkhel, which was considered a stronghold of Taliban. From where the terrorists from Orakzai and Darra Adamkhel and then through Khyber Agency were entering Peshawar and other settled areas to carry terrorist activities, he added. He said that the involvement of foreign hand could not be ruled out in the terrorism incidents in the country. He said they have found proofs that show the backing of foreign hands in the terrorist incidents. However, he said, they are ready to face them, saying their hands have been reached to their collar and they would be unearthed soon. In response to a question, he said that the circle of the operation would be extended further and wherever need arise action would be taken against terrorists and establish peace in the region. He said the Pakistan Army is the best military of the world having capability of fight. We are a brave nation and would continue battling terrorists with full courage till the complete elimination of the terrorism, he concluded.