PESHAWAR - A woman along with her seven-year-old son died and twelve others including eight children were found unconscious when coal gas was filled in their room in Khwaja Mohammad area of district Hangu on Thursday night.

The police sources informed that the incident occurred in the house of Haji Ihsan in Khawaja Mohammad village of Hangu district, when the coal-stove was burning to heat up the room. Due to the closure of the door and windows of the room, the coal gas filled in the room resulting death of the two persons and unconsciousness of the twelve others whom were shifted to the Hangu Headquarter hospital for the first aid, police source said.

Police mentioned that the wife of Shahid Rehman and his seven year old son Saqib lost their lives in the incident, and twelve others of the same house founded unconscious who were identified as Bibi Umar 9, Abdullah 6, Nasir 10, Asim 20, Shaila 25, Aisha 11 and others.

 Omida 40, Hasia 1, Shahid Rahman 26, Bibi Razia 22, Zia Ur Rahman 22 and Mudassir Umar 5 year old.

Moving scenes were witnessed in the area after the breaking news of the incident. Local people rushed the site and broke the door of the room to retrieve the affected persons. The hospital source informed that all unconscious persons are in stable condition.