Seventeen people were killed and 20 injured in a blaze set off by fireworks inside a bar in southeast China, state media reported Sunday. The accident happened late Saturday evening, towards the end of the Lunar New Year festival, in the city of Changle when a group celebrating a birthday set off fireworks at their table inside the bar, the Xinhua news agency said. This set the ceiling on fire, and the entire bar was soon engulfed in flames, the agency said, citing a city government spokesman. "The ceiling was covered with sound-insulating material, which started raining down after it had caught fire," an unnamed firefighter told the China News Service. "It stuck to people's skin. When they tried to wipe it off, the skin would be gone too."