LAHORE - Khalida, the elder sister of the woman stoned to death in front of LHC claimed on Saturday that her sister Farzana 25, was not killed her father and brothers as reported in media but by her husband Iqbal. Khalida, who cannot speak Urdu was being assisted by her counsel Advocate Mansoor Afridi during the press conference at Lahore Press Club.
“Her father and brothers did not kill her but they were wrongly blamed for the killing” said Khalida.
She said that when Iqbal and his accomplices attacked her with bricks lying at the side of the road, Farzana tried to rush to her father Azeem and brothers but was killed then and there.  She stated that her husband had already killed her wife Ayesha and was a proclaimed offender.
She said that while her sister was not in love with him, Iqbal kidnapped her and forced her to marry her.  She said that Iqbal took her sister forcibly from their house to an unknown place on January 4, 2014. She said that the family had to run from pillar to post to register an FIR against Iqbal.
“Farzana had not been in love with Iqbal and did not want to marry him,” said Khalida adding that “Iqbal forced her to give a statement in his favor in the court so that he could live a peaceful life,”  She said she had already met her sister when she was given asylum by a state run ‘Darul Aman’ in district Pakpattan and had asked her to tell everyone that Iqbal was posing a threat to her life.
Around 25 to 30 people stoned Farzana to death in the name of honour, who was also three-month pregnant, and had come there to appear before a judge in the Lahore High Court to record her statement in favor of her husband.
Advocate Mansoor Afridi said that the matter was totally different compared to what was reported and shown by the media. To a question that Azeem had confessed that he himself killed her daughter Farzana, the counsel said police had forced him to give such a statement as he had not kill her and so brothers.
However, Mansoor Afridi advocate, the counsel of Khalida and she herself failed to convince the reporters that Farzana was killed by Iqbal, and not by her father and brothers.
An anti terrorism court on Saturday remanded Farzana’s father in police custody. Investigating officer sought ten-day remand of the suspect. 
The judge Rai Ayub Marth, however, granted the police seven-day physical remand of the suspect and directed the IO to come up with progress in the case on next date.