Srinagar: The Hurriyat Conference (G) chairman Syed Ali Geelani held an Advisory Council meeting (Majlis-e-Shura) at Hyderpora residence and appealed youth to make the proposed ‘million march’ a success by promoting it through wall paintings, posters, Internet and social networking websites.

The party spokesman in a statement said that Geelani while chairing the advisory meeting directed all the Hurriyat constituents to suspend their respective party engagements and work for the success of the march. 

"While terming the Million March a historic event, Geelani in his presidential address said that the BJP-PDP coalition government wants to change the discourse of the Kashmir issue and they want to mislead the whole world that the situation inKashmir has changed now," the statement said.

In a run to become more loyal than the king, Mufti Mohammad Sayeed is extending his every possible help to the communal and fascist forces of India, it said.

The proposed Million March, Geelani said, will be a strong and befitting reply to “evil and wicked designs” of Mufti Sayeed and the Sangh Parivar.

“It will also be a message to the world that Kashmiri people have not given up their age old demand for plebiscite which NC tried to bury in 1975,” he said.

"The scheduled Million March will make history and will also refresh the memories of the mass gatherings of 2008.”

Geelani appealed all the Kashmiris who are living in foreign countries to organize small gatherings at their respective places in support of the said march on that day to express their solidarity with freedom movement.

 

He also appealed the Muslims of the Chenab Valley and Pir Panjal region to send their representatives to Srinagar to participate in the proposed Million March.

Geelani asked members to aware the general public about the importance and significance of the march by running door-to-door campaigns

“Explain to them that it is the day of referendum,” the statement Geelani as saying.

The Ulema and Islamic scholars should also play their role in making the march a success, the statement said.

On the other hand, a top district administration official told Srinagar-based news agency that the Hurriyat (G) has not approached them for holding the march so far. "None of them (Hurriyat) has sought permission from till date," he said. 

Syed Ali Shah Geelani had announced that it would hold 'Million March' to counter the rally of PM Modi that is likely to to be held at Sher-e-Kashmir Cricket Stadium here.

The Geelani's Hurriyat further had said that they will approach DC Srinagar for permission of the 'Million March' which it said would be held at TRC Ground. The amalgam said that it would take all the responsibilities of maintaining law and order and would not disrupt Modi's rally.

Though the amalgam has not approached the government yet, but the top district official who spoke to GNS said a meeting on whether to allow or disallow the proposed Hurriyat March would be held tomorrow here.

However a police official said that the government will would clamp restrictions in some parts of the City to "maintain law and order" on November 7, when Modi is scheduled to address a rally. "We will foil every bid aimed to vitiate the peaceful atmosphere," he said.