KARACHI  – Sindh Caretaker Government has planned to oust 2.5 million illegal immigrants in the province after getting the required data from National Aliens’ Registration Authority (NARA) and National Data and Registration Authority (NADRA).

The government will also induct 8,000 police officials before elections to ensure a strong security cover to the electoral process besides maintaining the law and order in general.

A three-member ministerial committee has been formed which would submit the report within next seven days suggesting the ways and means for taking the province out of financial crisis.

Sindh Information Secretary Noor Muhammad Leghari while briefing the media said that such decisions were taken during the first meeting of the Provincial Caretaker Government here on Monday, with Caretaker Chief Minister Justice (Retd) Zahid Kurban Alavi in the chair.

He said the Government has chalked out a comprehensive security plan aimed at holding peaceful, free, fair and transparent general elections scheduled for 11th of next month.

He said that Sindh Inspector General Police (IGP) Shahid Nadeem Baloch briefed the Cabinet in detail on the current law and order situation. He informed that under the revised security plan the police would also ensure true implementation of code of ethics devised by Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) for the candidates contesting the general elections.

The secretary said that 8,000 police officials would be recruited in next couple of weeks and the applications for recruitment would be invited next week.

He said that the Caretaker Chief Minister directed the IGP to deploy the police force in such a way that there is no security lapse in any district of the province.

He said the Cabinet was informed that out of total Rs 190 billion amount for the current Annual Development Programme (ADP) only Rs 86 billion had been released so far due to financial crisis facing the province.

The above three-member ministerial committee would review all important financial issues to put the province on right path, Leghari said.

COMMITTEE FORMED TO PROBE ALLEGED BURNING OF BOY: Sindh Inspector General of Police Shahid Nadeem Baloch has constituted a committee to inquire into the incident in which a teenage boy was allegedly burnt to death after torture. A police spokesman said here on late Sunday that the committee would be headed by SSP Sukkur. He has been asked to submit his report within 48 hours, the spokesman added.

The incident took place in Ghotki district on Saturday, it was further stated.

Meanwhile, Sindh Inspector General of Police Shahid Nadeem Baloch has called for preparing lists of the police officials who had undergone training through the elite and eaglet training courses.

He was presiding over a meeting at the Central Police Office (CPO) here the other day which reviewed the matters and performance of the Rapid Response Force. The IGP directed that the remaining police commandos should be included in the DIG/SSP reserve force so that for any immediate action support could be provided to the Thana/ District police.

He instructed that in the perspective of the coming general elections the Rapid Response Force should be kept alert and the provision of arms and ammunition and the required equipment be ensured.

Shahid also called for organising refresher courses for the officers and jawans of the Rapid Response Force. He said that the operation/monitoring room at the CPO would work as central control room during the general elections.