HANGU – At least 27 people were killed and over 50 others sustained injuries when a suicide bomber blew himself up outside a mosque soon after Friday prayers in district Hangu.The bomber detonated his explosives-packed motorcycle at the main gate of Faizullah Mosque in a crowded market containing both Shia and Sunni mosques. The attack took place at a narrow lane housing two mosques - Masjid Faizullah belonging to Shia sect and Masjid Purdil of the Sunni sect.An eyewitness said he heard an ear-deafening explosion and saw smoke at the site when the people were leaving the mosque. Another eyewitness said it was a huge blast as it was heard at far-off places. Markets and shopping centres were closed. Panic gripped the area after the explosion. An official of the district administration said majority of the dead and wounded were Shias, but some of them also belonged to Sunni sect.They said people were coming out of the mosque situated in a crowded market after Friday prayers when the bomb went off. District Police Officer Dr Mian Mohammad Saeed said it was a suicide blast and police had recovered body parts of the bomber from the blast site.The DPO said they had also found head of the bomber who came there on a motorbike. After the blast police and personnel of the security forces rushed to the side and cordoned off the area. No group had so far claimed responsibility for the attack till filing of the report.Agencies add: Pools of blood and pieces of human flesh littered the street after the attack, which also destroyed at least five nearby shops, witnesses said."It was a suicide attack which targeted Shia but Sunni Muslims also fell victim since their mosque and some shops were also very close to the site," district police chief Mian Muhammad Saeed told AFP.Police said the bomb exploded as Shias were leaving Friday prayers and Sunnis were going into their mosque.Muzammil Hussain, 28, wounded in his head and hand, told AFP that he heard the blast as he left the mosque."As soon as I reached the mosque exit, a huge blast rocked the area. Many people fell on me with the impact of the blast," he said by telephone from the District Headquarters Hospital (DHQ) in nearby Kohat."I saw red and bloodied pieces of human flesh everywhere. It was a scene I'd never seen in my life before. I was half conscious when people shifted me to a local hospital from where my family took me to the DHQ," he said.Police constable Raaz Muhammad, who took part in the rescue effort, said the blast damaged two shops selling cosmetics and three trading in vegetables."I could see pieces of human flesh and big blood stains on the boundary walls of the mosque and on nearby shops," he said.