QUETTA – A Pakistani citizen was killed and his brother wounded in firing by Iranian border security guards on Pakistani soil in Mashkail area of Washuk district, some 600 KM southwest of Quetta in the early hours of Sunday. Three Iranian border guards, including an officer, were arrested by Frontier Corps Balochistan.

As per reports reaching here, two real brothers coming to Pakistan from neighbouring Iran in Mazan Sar area of Mashkail when the personnel of Iranian security force while giving a hot chase crossed the border three kilometres into Pakistan. The Iranian guards started firing on the vehicle they were chasing.

As a result, 14-year-old driver Saeed Ahmad and his 12-year-old brother Noorul Islam received serious injuries. However, Saeed succumbed to his injuries. After the incident, the FC Balochistan personnel reached there and surrounded the Iranian officers who surrendered.

When contacted Dr Saeed Ahmad Jamali, Deputy Commissioner District Washuk, while confirming the incident, said the three Iranian officials were in the custody of Frontier Corps for their penetration into Pakistani territory and killing of one Pakistani national. He said contacts had been established with the high authorities about the fate of these Iranian officials.

Meanwhile, Quetta-Karachi National Highway remained blocked for traffic at Surab area of Kalat district during a protest on Sunday against the kidnapping of a local trader.

According to reports reaching here, trader Muhammad Akbar Mullazai was on his way when unidentified armed men intercepted him at Surab area and drove him towards an undisclosed location.

Local traders observed a complete shutterdown in Surab town to condemn the kidnapping of M Akbar. Angry protestors chanted slogans against the administration and demanded immediate recovery of the kidnapped trader.

 They blocked national highway at Surab area by placing barricades and burning tyres, causing inconvenience to the motorists.

The highway remained closed for about 10 hours and the traders ended their protest after assurance from the administration that the kidnappers would be arrested soon.