BAQUBA (AFP) - Insurgents killed six people in Iraq's Diyala province on Tuesday, including three in a series of attacks which began with the killing of a member of an anti-Qaeda group, local police said. Early on Tuesday, gunmen targeted a checkpoint in the village of Al-Abbara, south of Diyala's capital city of Baquba, and killed one member of a local anti-Qaeda group who was manning the checkpoint, a police officer said. The gunmen then carried his body to a house and bombed it, killing a neighbour, the officer said on condition of anonymity. Later, in an attack on the checkpoint victim's funeral procession, another man was killed by a roadside bomb, which also wounded eight people, including a policeman and three children. In a separate incident in the village of Abu Fayadh, a roadside bomb struck a civilian car, killing three brothers and wounding their father, local police said. A suicide bomber rammed a truck full of explosives into the house of Sheikh Abdulrazzak Mijbil al-Wagaa, a top Sunni sheikh, in Al-Hud village, south of Mosul, killing one person and wounding 25 others, a local police officer said. Sheikh Abdulrazzak Mijbil al-Wagaa was wounded in the attack along with his wife and brother. Meanwhile, the United States has agreed to scrap immunity for foreign security guards in Iraq, allowing them to be prosecuted under national laws, Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari said on Tuesday. "The immunity for private security guards has been removed. The US has agreed on it," Zebari told AFP after briefing Iraqi MPs on the controversial US-Iraq security pact which is being negotiated. The US embassy spokeswoman in Baghdad, Mirembe Nantongo, declined to make any comment. "We do not comment on the contents of the ongoing negotiations," she said. "The Iraqis have been suffering because of this," said Mahmud Othman, an MP who attended Tuesday's closed-door session. The main Sunni Arab parliamentary bloc is set to rejoin the Shia-led government of Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki after boycotting it for nearly a year, in a boost for reconciliation efforts in the war-torn country. Saleem Abdallah, MP and spokesman of the National Concord Front, said his group had given a list of new candidates for five of the six ministerial posts which it previously held in Maliki's cabinet. "The prime minister has accepted the names of the candidates," Abdallah told AFP. Meanwhile, the United States will send six additional combat units, totalling some 33,000 soldiers and marines, to Iraq in early 2009, the Pentagon announced Monday. "This is a planning effort to sustain the current level of operations," said spokesman Bryan Whitman, who added that US military leaders "can always have units that redeploy earlier and deploy later" as needed. Whitman said the announcement Monday was made months in advance, to give the US armed forces members time to make the necessary preparations.