LAHORE- The Chief Justice of the Lahore High Court Justice Syed Zahid Hussain Tuesday summoned chairman Pakistan Cricket Board Nasim Ashraf and sought personal appearance of fast bowler Shoaib Akhtar for July 4 on a petition filed by the latter challenging penalty of one-and-half year ban on his playing cricket and a fine of Rs seven million imposed on him by a appellate tribunal constituted by the PCB. The chief justice would also decide on Friday whether the operation of the impugned order of the tribunal should be suspended or not. On Tuesday, the PCB counsel Taffazal Rizvi appeared before the court without notice from the court and requested not to suspend impugned order, as he would place on record the documentary proofs against Shoaib on next date of hearing. He strongly criticised Shoaib Akhtar for his arrogant behaviour, saying he was a problem child for the board from day one. He never followed rules and regulations rather intentionally breaches them but the board tolerated it till the end. PCB's counsel further submitted that due to Shoaib's objectionable attitude, various sportsmen and managerial staff of the PCB had many complaints against him. He said he misbehaved with everyone. He said as he was not given any notice or the copy of the petition and on the next date of hearing he would argue the case with documentary proofs against Shoaib. Replying to these allegations, Shoaib's counsel Abid Hasan Minto said the speedster was victimised by the board on several occasions while other players were not held accountable for the similar acts. He pointed out that recently Muhammad Asif was caught in Dubai on the charges of possessing drugs but the entire board was standing behind him. Abid Hasan Minto argued that Shaoib is a national asset and he had helped Pakistan win many crucial matches. At this point of arguments, the CJ inquired how long he could play more. Minto answered that he had no knowledge of that but the board certainly has because it is its responsibility to assess how much cricket is left in him. Minto argued that the appellate tribunal passed an illegal order by relying upon two earlier orders by two different disciplinary committees of the PCB under which the cricketer was awarded 13 matches ban and a ban of five years. He said apart from the central contract no law, rule or policy containing any instances of breaches of discipline or contract even exists. A new constitution of the board had been promulgated that repealed the old one and no rules and regulation has been framed under it.