LAHORE - Hundreds of FC College colony residents Wednesday held strong protest demonstration at Main Boulevard Gulberg shortly after CIA police allegedly subjected a young Christian boy to severe physical torture at Ghaziabad police station causing his instant death. The victim youth was identified as Basharat Masih, a resident of FC College Christian Colony. A large number of local residents including family members and relatives of the youth gathered on the Main Boulevard Gulberg in front of Hafeez Center and blocked the road for traffic putting body of the victim on the road. The agitators also burnt tyres. The road remained blocked for more than six hours causing immense inconveniences to a large number of motorists, shopkeepers, businessmen, traders and other people due to bumper-to-bumper traffic mess on several linking roads including Main Boulevard, one of the busiest arteries of the City. The furious protestors showed their strong anger by chest beating and chanting slogans against, what they said, polices brutality that claimed life of the youth. The agitators, also including women, children, were demanding exemplary action against the accused police officials. The young protesters holding sticks also had some brawls with police when it tired to stop the protesters from creating unrest. However, the protesters continued strong agitation by blocking the all kinds of traffic on the road despite a large number of police were deputed to stop them. Later, SP Model Town Rana Ayaz also reached the site along with heavy contingent of police to control the situation. The angry protestors started bringing heavy woods to set them on fire on the road in the presence of the SP Model Town and other senior police officers. According to police sources, the CIA officials were interrogating the youth on the charges of his involvement in criminal activities. During interrogation, the police officials applied third degree torture method at Ghaziabad police station, which caused his instant death. CIA SP Umar Virk told the newsmen that a case has been registered on the murder charges against investigation officer ASI Muhammad Iqbal and arrested him despite the fact that close relatives of the victim did not want any action against the police. Umer Virk claimed that the police initiated action against the accused police officials without the consent of the victim family. Giving details of the incident, Umer Virk said Basahrat was caught red-handed while committing a dacoity some days back. He, however, managed to escape from the custody of Wahdat Colony police, Virk claimed adding that on last Sunday his family members handed him over to the CIA police with some injuries. On Tuesday late night, he said youths health went critical. He said Basharat felt pain in his abdomen and police took him to Shalimar Hospital and then to Services Hospital where he died. He said apparently it seemed that the youth died of cardiac arrest. He said the body has been sent for autopsy to ascertain the cause of death.