LAHORE - Triple suicide blasts at the shrine of renowned Sufi saint of the Sub-Continent Hazrat Ali Hajveri (RA), popularly known as Data Gunj Bakhsh, late on Thursday night left 41 devotees, including five children, dead and injured over 175 other zealots. The death toll can rise further as the condition of some of the injured is reported to be critical. However, no group has so far claimed the responsibility for the inhuman act. Hundreds of people were busy in prayers around the shrine and inside the adjacent mosque when two suicide bombers managed to break into security ring and exploded their suicide vests. The first attacker, around 19-year-old, exploded his suicide jacket in the courtyard of the mosque while the second one blew himself up at an entrance from the backside (Gate No 5), shortly after he was asked for a body search, police and eyewitnesses said. The third suicide blast occurred in the street leading to the main gate. The explosions were organised and coordinated, the investigators added. According to the intelligence sources, the attack can be a handiwork of Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP). It is worth noting that the extremists had also targeted the shrine of another Sufi saint, Rehman Baba (RA), in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa in March 2009. The devotees throng the Data Darbar on every Thursday in great numbers to offer prayers and perform other religious obligations. This Thursday, there were more than 3,000 people inside the premises when the bombers squad hit them, shrines administrative officials said. A large number of people were taking ablution when the second suicide bomber exploded his vest. After the first blast, we were asking the devotees to remain patient when suddenly the second blast took place. It was a huge powerful blast as thick smoke spread in the air. There was complete panic and everyone was crying, an eyewitness said. After the blasts, angry devotees staged strong protest, pelted stones on police vehicles and damaged the windowpanes of nearby shops. They complained that the incident was a result of security failure. Terrorists struck at the heart of Lahore at a time when the law enforcement agencies are considering an operation against Taliban elements in South Punjab. The Bomb Disposal Squad officials said 10 to 12 kg explosive material, including ball bearings, was used in each suicide jacket. Commissioner Lahore Khusro Pervaiz reached the spot and confirmed the death of 35 people and injuries to another 175. These were suicide bombings. We are trying to determine who are behind this barbaric incident, he told the reporters at the scene. He said 27 bodies had been shifted to Mayo Hospital and five to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital while three succumbed to their wounds in the ambulances. Police have also recovered two heads of the suicide bombers. Sources close to the investigators said head of one of the suicide bombers was quite recognisable and there was a strong possibility that the bombers would be identified. Police and investigators were seen collecting body parts from the scene minutes after the blasts. The injured were shifted to Mayo and Services hospitals. Mayo Hospital Medical Superintendent Zahid Pervaiz said over 100 injured were brought to the hospital. The condition of some of them is critical, he added. According to the Edhi and Rescue 1122 sources, at least 37 were martyred and over 200 injured. Dozens of injured belonged to other cities of the country as they had come to visit the shrine. Several families were present inside the shrine when the blasts took place, a devotee said. A man burst into tears, saying he had lost his 18-year-old son. DCO Lahore Sajjad Ahmad Bhutta said At least 41 people were killed in the triple blasts so far, but we cannot establish the exact number of casualties as the condition of dozens of people is serious. The police personnel claimed that four out of five main gates of the shrine were closed owing to heavy rush of the zealots, and only the main gate was opened at the time of the attacks. The scanners were installed on the said gate but surprisingly the attackers entered into the shrine, one injured devotee said. The security agencies and police have launched a massive surveillance operation in nearby localities in order to apprehend the terror suspects. More than 20 people have been apprehended so far, an SP said. Investigators are probing into the suicide bombings keeping in view the strong possibility of the involvement of Punjabi Taliban. We have recovered heads of two suicide bombers from the crime scene. One is unrecognisable while the other can easily be identified, a senior police investigator said when contacted. Both the attackers were 19 to 21 years old, he added. When asked whether the recognisable face was of a Punjabi, CIA Police Chief Umar Virk said, We are examining. It may be the case. When asked why the terrorists targeted the shrine, an intelligence source replied, They want to create disturbance and lawlessness, to destabilise the country. First they (terrorists) carried out low-intensity blasts at Hall Road, a leading commercial market of mobile phones, CD shops and other electronics appliances and now they did it here, a senior security official said on condition of anonymity because he was not authorised to speak to the media. Earlier, the TTP had accepted the responsibility of the terror attack on Rehman Babas shrine. The federal government has sought a detailed report of the incident from the provincial authorities. It is important to note that the blasts occurred just two hours after the Punjab govt ruled out any possibility of the military operation in South Punjab on the demand of the federal govt.