QUETTA - The judicial tribunal on the murder of five Chechens recorded the statement of four more witnesses. Five foreigners, three of them women, were killed on May 17 in Kharotabad area in the outskirts of Quetta in firing by the police and Frontier Corps (FC) personnel who suspected them of being suicide bombers. Total 18 civilian witnesses have been registered with the tribunal and so eight witnesses have recorded their statements. The judicial tribunal headed by Justice Hashim Kakar of Balochistan High Court recorded statements of the four witnesses here on Wednesday. An eyewitness, Nusrat Ali, told the tribunal that he was going towards bypass area from the Airport Road when he noticed that the people were looking at Khezai Cross. I also focused on that direction and found that three women and two men were going towards the check post. There was a tall man amongst the five persons and he was holding something in his hand, which according to my estimation was a bomb or a hand grenade, the witness said. He said that the faces of the said people were very horrible. Upon which a tribunal judge expressed his anger, saying that passing such remarks about the creatures of God was not proper. He ordered that the photos of victims should be showed to the witness. At this, a passport photo of a victim woman was produced to the witness and later the judge asked whether it was a horrible face. Upon this Nusrat Ali said that the faces of women were veiled and as they reached near check post a huge blast occurred and firing started. I was frightened and ran away towards Kharotabad, he said. Another witness, Rashid said that he along with his friends Abdul Majeed and Abdul Wali was present at Khezai Chowk. He said that they witnessed that three women and two men appeared from Kachiabadi area and moved towards the Frontier Corps check post. As they approached near the policemen who were present very close to the FC check post, a blast occurred and the Chechens fell down. And then firing started and due to fear I ran away from the site, he added. Another witness, Syed Wali told the court that he was present at Khezai Chowk along with his friends Abdul Hameed and Rashid when they saw five people, including three women, heading towards FC check post. He said that the policemen present there asked those people to leave the area but as the said people reached near the check post they fell down and a blast took place and firing started. I heard blast but I cant say who opened fire, he added. He said that the incident occurred at 2pm and he was present there since 10am. He said that he could not tell how many police personnel were present at the site. I heard about this tribunal from other people. For the sake of God I came here (to witness), he added. On the occasion, Balochistan High Court Bar President Daud Khan Kasi advocate, who was assisting the court, appealed that the officials of Russian embassy had met him and they requested for hand over of the dead bodies. He said that according to the law, without the death certificate, the bodies could not be handed over while all records were with the tribunal. Upon which the judge of tribunal said that he should contact secretary health and solve the issue. The tribunal adjourned the hearing till Saturday.