KABUL (AFP) - A suicide car bomb blew up near US-led soldiers in eastern Afghanistan Sunday, wounding six civilians, authorities said, while other attacks left seven security guards dead in the insurgency-hit south. Meanwhile, nine Taliban-linked insurgents were killed in operations by Afghan and international security forces helping the government to fight a mounting extremist insurgency, they said. The suicide attacker detonated an explosives-filled vehicle outside the city of Jalalabad near a convoy of US soldiers, provincial government spokesman Ahmad Zia Abdulzai told AFP. "Six civilians were wounded including two children but there was no harm to the American forces," Abdulzai said. One of the children was in a critical condition. Abdulzai blamed the attack on the "enemies of Afghanistan". He said that another US-led military convoy had accidentally killed a municipal worker in the same area when it knocked the worker off his bicycle. The seven Afghan security guards, including two working with the US-based security company USPI, were killed in various attacks and bomb blasts in the southern province of Kandahar on Saturday, officials said. In the same province, unknown attackers gunned down a religious cleric in Spin Boldak district late Saturday, an official said, blaming the Taliban for the murder. The US-led coalition announced separately that it had killed four alleged militants in Kandahar early Sunday. And the Afghan Defence Ministry said separately its soldiers had killed four other militants in a clash in the southern province of Uruzgan on Saturday. Meanwhile, The Afghan government Sunday launched a scheme to offer rewards of up to 10,000 dollars for tip-offs that thwart insurgent attacks in Kabul, as the city braces for new militant strikes. Through advertisements in the media and posters the government is offering half-a-million Afghani ($10,000) for information leading to the arrest of militants planning attacks in Kabul, Interior Ministry spokesman Zemarai Bashary told AFP. "This is a new initiative to fight terrorist activities and get people involved in strengthening the Kabul city security," he said. "The terrorists don't come from the sky to get into the city, they come from somewhere," he said. The scheme is similar to the US "Rewards for Justice" programme that offers cash for information that stops attacks or results in the capture of men like Al-Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden and Taliban chief Mullah Mohammad Omar. A Taliban-led insurgency saw a record number of attacks in Afghanistan last year, despite the presence of tens of thousands of international troops. Insurgents are most active in southern and eastern Afghanistan but Kabul saw several major attacks and is readying for more this year. Security measures have been ramped up in the city with government offices, military barracks and foreign embassies surrounded by concrete walls and armed guards, and some areas sealed off to the public.