LAHORE - Police investigators are yet to identify the murderers of two boys who were found assaulted in Lahore during the last coupe of days.

A seven-year-old boy was found murdered after being sexually abused in Kahna late Monday. Another eight-year-old victim of torture and gang rape was found in a sack from Lahore’s low-income Shadbagh neighbourhood early Saturday.

Although Punjab chief minister has taken notice of the horrific killings, the police are probing the ruthless murders with no arrests and no clue so far. “We are working on both the cases. Nobody has been arrested yet since the investigators are yet to identify the killers,” a police investigator said, seeking anonymity.

The seven-year-old victim was identified as Talha Asghar, a resident of Kahna. Initial investigations revealed the boy was strangled after being assaulted. Talha was a student at a local religious school, police said.

Muhammad Asghar told the police that his son, Talha, left for the school on Sunday evening but did not return. He was found strangled near Soay bus-stop (No 5) in Kahna on Monday morning. Some passersby spotted the body and contacted the police by phone. The body was moved to the morgue for autopsy.

Police investigators said the unidentified killers had assaulted the victim before strangulating him to death. They fled after throwing his body alongside a road. A murder case was registered with Kahna police against unidentified men on the complaint of father of the victim.

A couple of days ago, naked body of a victim of torture and gang rape was found in a sack from Shadbagh. Investigators identified the victim as eight-year-old Muhammad Sajid, who went missing on Friday evening in Malik Park. Police discovered naked and blood-soaked body in a sack-pack placed near Tonga Stand on Saturday morning. Investigators said the boy was gang-raped and brutally tortured by at least two to three men.

A police officer, Arshad, said that there were torture marks on the head and chest of the boy. He said the boy was strangled after being tortured brutally. “We have found sufficient evidences to establish the boy was brutally raped. It seemed that more than two men assaulted the boy sexually.” Resident of Deepalpur district Okara, Sajid was living with his mother and two siblings at her uncle’s house in Malik Park. His mother was working as a housemaid near Club Chowk while the child was a student of class-II at a local school in Shadbagh.

According to the complainant, Sajid was playing in the street when he went missing under mysterious circumstances on Friday evening. Investigators say they believe the boy was familiar with the criminals.

The incidents of violence against children are not rare in this sprawling metropolis. Police had discovered the body of a five-year-old boy from the rooftop of a local mosque in Green Town on Jan 3, 2015. Later, a post-mortem report had confirmed that the child had been sexually assaulted and died after he was hanged inside the mosque.

An eight-year-old village boy was found murdered after being assaulted sexually inside a deserted house in Kahna in Oct 2012.