QUETTA - A strong aftershock of 5.4 magnitude jolted Balochistan on Saturday early morning, creating panic among the residents of the area, however, no casualties and loss of property reported. According to metrological department, the epicentre of the quake that struck off Ziarat and Pashin before 6:00 am was located in north south of Quetta. Shocks triggered panic among the masses and people came out of their homes for fear of strong tremors. However, there were no immediate reports of further casualties or damage as a result of the latest aftershock. The devastating earthquake that rattled Balochistan some days ago has not been folded back yet completely as aftershocks continue to threaten the people. While relief operations continued in quake-hit areas of Balochistan for third day following massive earthquake that struck the northern areas of province mainly destroyed dozens of villages in Ziarat and Pishin district on early Wednesday. The first flight carrying relief goods for the quake-affected people of Balochistan arrived in Quetta from Saudi Arabia. King Abdullah Bin Abdul Aziz Al- Saud has announced $ 100 million relief for the quake hit people of Balochistan. Pakistan army, FC, provincial administration and aid organisations have set-up camps in the quake-hit areas and field hospitals have also been established to provide medical facilities to the victims. However, some aid organisations have warned that diseases are beginning to spread among quake effectees, where thousands of children and women are still desperately waiting for relief supplies specially blankets, tents and medicines. Due to constant aftershocks, thousands of affected people in Ziarat and Pishin have been sleeping in the open in freezing temperatures while according to official of health department that if relief activities were not expedited the death toll might increase. According to unofficial reports, so far 300 people have been killed and 1000 have been injured while more than 75, 000 people were rendered homeless. AFP adds: Aid agencies on Saturday said they faced a race against time to provide shelter to tens of thousands of people made homeless by a powerful earthquake in Balochistan, as winter set in. Teams from the International Committee of the Red Cross, UNICEF, the World Health Organisation and the World Food Programme were working with local agencies to provide vital tents, warm clothing and food to those affected. Many survivors of Wednesday's 6.4-magnitude quake that flattened mud-brick homes in mountainous Balochistan province and killed up to 300 people, have now spent three nights in the open in crippling sub-zero temperatures. Emergency supplies have taken time to reach remote villages in the inhospitable region bordering Afghanistan, as hundreds of strong aftershocks continued to be felt, fraying further the nerves of already terrified locals. A 5.0-magnitude tremor struck before dawn on Saturday, US seismologists said, although there were no immediate reports of casualties. A 6.2-magnitude aftershock was recorded on Wednesday afternoon, they said earlier. The ICRC said that "the problem of shelter will inevitably become more acute. The affected region is 2,000 to 2,500 metres above sea level and winter is looming. "Although it has not started snowing yet, temperatures drop below 0 degrees Celsius at night. This is a major concern for people without shelter." According to UNICEF, some 70,000 people in the sparsely-populated, impoverished region were made homeless by the quake, which came three years after a devastating eruption in northern Pakistan that killed 73,000 people. "With winter closing in, the most urgent needs of the survivors are shelter, safe drinking water, food, warm clothing and emergency medical assistance," a UNICEF statement said. Clean water was a "priority," it said, adding that children were especially vulnerable to diseases such as diarrhoea and cholera. The district health officer of the stricken hill town of Ziarat, Ayub Kakar, told AFP that children were already suffering from exposure to the harsh conditions and had contracted life-threatening pneumonia and dysentery. Children could be seen running after cars on the road adjoining the affected areas begging for food and drink. Villagers elsewhere made tents from scavenged clothing or protested at the lack of government help, witnesses said. Military and paramilitary troops have provided more than 2,000 tents and 15 tonnes of food rations, Major General Mohammed Khan said, adding more would arrive in the coming days, but warned that reconstruction could take months. The commander of the Frontier Force paramilitary Brigadier Sikander Khan added: "We can't go and reach each and every place but we are trying our best to reach every nook and corner. We will not leave any person without shelter." The UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) said winter-ready tents, blankets, warm clothing, health services and clean water were desperately required for 7,500 families, and food for 5,500 families. The World Food Programme has said it aims to provide food for nearly 20,000 people. It will initially provide 700 tonnes of dry food rations, including wheat flour, pulses, edible oil and salt for two months. As in the 2005 quake, militant groups, including one deemed by the United States as a "terrorist organisation", found favour in deeply conservative remote villages, distributing food, medicine and shelter.