KARACHI - An eight-year-old minor girl was allegedly subjected to rape near to her house in the outskirts of the city on Friday.

The incident took place at Labour Colony in Bhens Colony within the limits of Sukkan police station. The family of an eight-year-old girl said that the girl was sexually assaulted by an unidentified person after she left home for buying sweets from a nearby shop on Friday, adding that the unidentified person took a girl into an isolated place where he allegedly sexually assaulted her.

The accused, however, later managed to escape after committing the crime. The family approached the police after the girl narrated the story to her family. Sukkan SHO Javed Jalbani said that the girl had been sent to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for medical examination and a rape case would be registered if her medical reports confirmation the rape with her, adding that the police was waiting for the medical report to register a case while further investigation was underway.

On the other side, police on Friday registered a case against unidentified persons for killing a minor boy after subjecting him to rape in District East of Karachi. A seven-year-old boy, was found dead from the bushes within the limits of New Town police station. His body was later moved to Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for medico-legal formalities where doctors, according to initial findings, confirmed that the boy was subjected to assault before killing.

Police officials said that unidentified person first kidnapped the victim and later subjected him to rape before strangulated him to death. The body was later handed over to his family for burial process. The New Town police, however, registered a case against unidentified persons on the complaint of victim’s father. An FIR No 25/18 was registered with sections of kidnapping, rape and murder.

Deceased was a student of Grade 3 and went missing since he left the home on Thursday for playing with the neighbours after coming from the school, however, later his body was found late in the Thursday evening. New Town SHO Hikmatullah said that the case has been registered while further investigation was underway.