New Delhi- Indian Border Security Force (BSF) chief DK Pathak says they had received some inputs a fortnight ago that terror groups may try to carry out a possible strike during the beating retreat ceremony, hosted by border guarding forces of both nations. An Indian home ministry

official too said there were alarms about a possible strike.

"India's external intelligence agency, Research and Analysis Wing, had got intelligence inputs some 15 days back indicating that the flag-lowering might be targeted by the Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan," the Indian home ministry official said on condition of anonymity, an Indian agency said.

Pathak said there would be no beating retreat ceremony at Wagah border for three days from Monday at the request of Pakistan. The BSF chief added his officers in Punjab had already undertaken "coordination" meetings with all intelligence, security and state government authorities in the light of the inputs they had received. Meanwhile, a militant group close to Pakistani Taliban, claimed responsibility for the deadliest attack to hit Pakistan in a year, saying it was a response to the Pakistani army's actions against their positions in tribal areas.

An 18-year-old bomber tried to enter the security perimeter of the border area complex but was checked by the Rangers and detonated the explosives strapped on his body, Punjab poilce IG Sukhera said. He was carrying 20 to 25 kg of explosives. "I was sitting in my office near the border when I heard the blast. I rushed to the scene and saw scattered bodies, injured men, women and children and smashed cars," a Pakistani intelligence source said. Security officials expressed fear that the teenager might have been trying to detonate himself further inside the complex that could have caused damage on the Indian side as well.