LAHORE - At least four people died and eight suffered multiple burn injuries when a blast took place in a fireworks factory located near Salamatpura in Harbanspura police precincts on Saturday evening, Bomb Disposal Squad (BDS) and Rescue 1122 officials said. Two youth between 15 to 17 years were among the dead in a blast, which the rescuers believed, was caused by a short circuit in a factory established in a single storey home comprising two rooms adjacent to Chungi Stop near Daroghawala. The area people disclosed that one Iqbal alias Bala had been running this factory of fireworks since long. Almost 14 people were present at what time the blast occurred. We have recovered the bodies of two young boys from the debris, Rescue 1122 officials said. Talking to this scribe Rescue 1122 spokesman Faheem Jehanzaib said the blast took place at about 8:00pm in a home located in a narrow street near Chungi Stop. He said noting could be established about the nature of blast but according to visible evidences it seemed a short circuit. Seconds after the information of blast spread, Edhi ambulances, Rescue 1122, Fire Brigade, officials, and heavy contingents of police seemed racing towards the spot, considering it a suicidal blast. My two-years-old daughter Saima, sleeping in a cradle, fell from the structure and started crying as what had happened in the area, Kaneez Bibi, three doors neighbour, from the site of blast were seemed informing to a 60-year-old Yousuf who visited the blast site. She said someone (Iqbal) had set up a factory in the area some years back. He often urged the women to work in his factory by promising of a handsome package but we always refused to doing so due to this fear, which now has claimed the innocent lives, she further remarked. Another eyewitness said the neighbour had also moved couple of applications against Bala but none of the authorities took any tangible action against him. He however said that Iqbal, his spouse, their five children, and their sister-in-law along with five children were present in the home. But, he refused to confirm about the names of the deceased people. Earlier, seconds after the blast took place, the entire home caught fire and the roof of a home collapsed with a bang and the people working in it were stuck under the debris. Rescue 1122 vehicles along with Edhi ambulances shifted the wounded people towards Services Hospital and the Burn Unit of Mayo Hospital where their condition was told out of danger till filing of this report. Harbanspura police later recovered five sacks of fireworks, which remained save during the fire eruption. Later, police also registered a case against the factory owner Iqbal with no arrest. Further investigation is underway.