ISLAMABAD - JAVAID-UR-RAHMAN - The ailing member of the Abbottabad Commission will soon be back to complete the quorum to finally submit the report regarding the US raid to kill Osama bin Laden to the government.

The arrival of missing member of inquiry commission on Abbotabad operation Abbas Khan, who is currently under treatment in America, is now likely to pave the way for submission of OBL report pending for last around 17 months.

"Law Ministry is intimated that the absent member of the Abbottabad Commission will soon be back, as ministry has still not taken any step for the exclusion of commission member," Secretary Ministry of Law and Justice Yasmin Abbasi exclusively told TheNation.

The law ministry had received a request from Inquiry commission around two weeks before to notify the exclusion of one member (Abbas Khan), and now the ministry has been intimated about the return of their member. To another question, she said inquiry commission could give further details about his expected. "It is for sure ministry has not de-notified their member," she maintained.

The commission had requested the Law Ministry to notify the exclusion of one member of the commission in last month (November), probably which an aim to share findings of the OBL operation saga without his (Abbas Khan) signature.

While, the ministry could not reach on any consensus to exclude him or not and this process added one more month of delay.

Earlier, the commission was interested to de-notify Abbas Khan (former Punjab Police chief) currently under treatment in the America, as his signature or exclusion from commission was mandatory step before submitting it to government. As, because of his (Abbas Khan) unavailability the commission has to hold the report for six weeks, as they have no other option but to exclude him.

The commission head justice (retd) Javed Iqbal had earlier revealed to this newspaper that commission had to take this step to public the report, which is prepared for six weeks.

Iqbal had also revealed that the report had been completed for six weeks and as soon as the Law Ministry would allow the commission to submit it without the signature of Abbas Khan, it would be submitted. 

Analysts measured that his come back and signature on the report could not be termed last step before unveiling the report.

This commission had reportedly waited a couple of months for the statements of former prime minister Yousuf Raza Gilani but later the idea of taking the statement of Prime Minister Raja Pervez Ashraf for avoiding further delay, sources said.

The commission has recorded the statements of the heads of military and civil intelligence agencies, the Military Operations director general, Pakistan ambassador to Washington, present and former foreign ministers, secretaries and family members of Osama bin Laden.

The five-member commission is investigating into the killing of Osama bin Laden in a US Navy SEALs swoop in Abbottabad on May 2, 2011.

The commission was constituted on June 21, 2011, and yet to submit its report despite the lapse of 17 months.