Aafia Siddiqui has fervently appealed to her fellow Pakistanis to remain calm and not to resort to violence following her conviction Wednesday on charge of attempting to kill U.S. military officers while she was in custody in Afghanistan.The appeal was conveyed to U.S.-based Pakistani reporters by Elaine Sharp, one of the defence lawyers, soon after her trial in the federal court in Manhattan was wrapped up. Dr. Siddiqui wants you all to know that she doesnt want there to be violent protests or violent reprisals in Pakistan over this verdict, the lawyer said. The jury of seven men and five men found the Pakistani neuroscientist guilty of all seven counts against her, including attempted murder, after three days of deliberations. She faces life in prison when she is sentenced on May 6. Outside the court, Charles Swift, the lead defence lawyer, said he disagreed with the jurors findings and would file an appeal against it. The Pakistani Embassy in Washington issued a statement, expressing its dismay over the verdict. The Government of Pakistan made intense diplomatic and legal efforts on her behalf and will consult the family of Dr. Aafia Siddiqui and the team of defence lawyers to determine the future course of action, the statement said. The Government will do all that is needed to provide justice to her as a Pakistani citizen. Pakistans Ambassador to the United States Hussain made an appearance during the 14-day trial, which was monitored by Fakir Asif Hussain, a senior embassy official. Aafias Siddiquis family said she had been unjustly found guilty. Todays verdict is one of many legal errors that allowed the prosecution to build a case against our sister based on hate, rather than fact, they said in a statement released through the International Justice Network. We believe that as a result, she was denied a fair trial, and todays verdict must be overturned on appeal. Commenting on the verdict, lawyer Sharp said, Juries do make mistakes. Juries do go wrong. In my opinion this verdict is based on fear, not on fact. Prosecutors said Ms. Siddiqui used an officers rifle to fire two shots at the US personnel, who were hidden from her view by a curtain. She hit no one. The warrant officer returned fire with a pistol, hitting Ms. Siddiqui in the stomach. Afghan police had arrested her a day earlier outside the Ghazni governors compound in Ghazni. In the tension-filled courtroom, Ms. Siddiqui, in a white headscaraf, was completely calm when the verdict was read outas if expecting it. She quickly rose from her chair and looked towards the jurors. Holding her right index finger in the air, she said: This is a verdict coming from Israel and not from America. Thats where your anger belongs. I can testify to this and I have proof. US marshals quickly removed Ms. Siddiqui from the courtroom. She returned as Judge Richard Berman and lawyers for both sides discussed a sentencing date. She spoke again, though her comments were directed at the judge. Theyre not my attorneys, said Ms. Siddiqui, before she was led out. Last week after Judge Berman allowed Ms. Siddiqui to testify, she said that the prosecutors assertions that she had fired a weapon at officers was the biggest lie. The weapon was never in her hands, said Ms. Siddiqui, who explained that she was merely trying to escape from the station because she feared being tortured.