NANKANA SAHIB - A man died from taxoi cough here at a local hospital on Thursday, raising the death toll to four in the district. The deceased, identified as Ali Sher, 40, a resident of Halla Kichian in the limits of Sayedwala Police.  The police said that Ali Sher condition had become critical after consuming the toxic syrup. He was taken to nearby hospital where he expired.  As per detail, 40-year-old Ali Sher consumed wine and later took a full bottle of the killer cough syrup.

The fresth death raised the death toll from the cough syrup four in Nankana district.  Earlier, three people were fell  prey to the killer syrup in in Sangla Hill, there were: Imran, Sajid and Akhter, residents of Mohalla Ahmadabad.  The people demanded the government to take notice and take special measures to check sale of the syrup.

booked: The City Police registered a case against a medical store owner for illegally selling toxic cough syrup despite a ban by the Punjab govt to a youth which caused his death.  As per detail, Saleem, a resident of Sarfraz Town lodged a complaint.

 to the police that his son Abdul Rashid purchased a syrup and drunk the entire bottle at once.

As a result, he died. He demanded action against the medical store owner.