LAHORE – A 25-year-old youth was electrocuted while working on electricity pole in Shahdara Police area on Tuesday.

Police investigators said that one Muhammad Salam Din, a resident of Mian Colony Shahdara, was working on an electric pole when he accidentally touched the wires, which resulted into his sudden death. Police handed over the body to the bereaved family members after completing necessary medico-legal formalities.

accident: A 25-year-old youth died during a road accident in Shahdara Town police area on Tuesday. Mohammad Shahid, a resident of Darbar Jameel Shah, was on his way on a motorbike when a speeding truck ran over him, resulting into his instant death.

Valuables gutted: Furniture worth millions of rupees was reduced to ashes when fire broke out in a furniture godown on Crowl Ghatti on Tuesday.

Cause of fire in the godown, owned by one Mohammad Shair, could not be ascertained. Meanwhile, household items worth thousands of rupees were gutted into ashes when fire broke out in a house in Ittehad Park. Cause of fire was said to be short circuit.