QUETTA – In a daring move, Nawabzada Talal Akbar Bugti, the president of Jamhoori Watan Party, said on Sunday he would go to his native town, Dera Bugti, come what may.

Talal told a news conference here his party had prayed to the Supreme Court to end ‘no-go areas’ in Dera Bugti and Sui, and allow displaced tribesmen to settle in their towns.

The court had ordered the Balochistan chief secretary and other officials concerned to end ‘no-go areas’ and pave a way for the Bugti tribesmen to resettle as they had been living as refugees in different parts of the country, he added.

If security forces were withdrawn from Dera Bugti and Sui areas, it would strengthen democracy and bring peace to the province, Talal said as he called on the government to take steps for rehabilitation of the displaced Bugti families.

Citing the government, the JWP chief said nearly a million and 44 thousand Bugti tribesmen were living in various parts of the country and were faced with a lot of hardships and difficulties.

He said the withdrawal of security forces and rehabilitation of displaced people in Dera Bugti was inevitable for free and transparent polls in Balochistan. “I have requested the leaders in the Punjab to play their role in this connection,” he added.

Talal was of the view that for a prosperous Balochistan empowerment of the Balochs was vital. “The government must initiate dialogues with the annoyed Baloch leaders sitting abroad and bring them to the negotiating table,” he opined.

The JWP chief also blamed the security forces and intelligence agencies for the killing of settlers and Baloch people, and said if any foreign hand was involved, then it was the responsibility of the intelligence agencies to expose them. He also said that Nawaz Sharif would soon visit Balochistan.