PESHAWAR (Agencies) - At least 80 militants were killed and three soldiers martyred while 21 suicide vehicles, motorcyclists and bombers were eliminated during operation in Buner district. The operation in Buner is progressing smoothly. Consolidation of positions is being carried out on Sunday in Daggar Buner and surrounding areas. In Buner operation so far 80 militants have been killed while three soldiers embraced Shahadat and eight others were injured. During the course of operation in Buner, the security forces eliminated 21 suicide vehicles, motorcyclists and bombers, says ISPR Press release here on Sunday. Helicopter gunships and ground troops have been pounding militant hideouts in Buner and neighbouring Lower Dir district in a nearly week-long assault against Taliban insurgents who have infiltrated the volatile area. The Army had previously put the death toll in Buner at 55 to 60, and said that altogether more than 200 militants have been killed in both districts since Operation Black Thunder began. Reportedly militant commander Khalil has been killed in the Buner operation. His real name is Alam Buneri and he was a mainstream leader of the banned organisation TTP (Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan), the statement added. The military also accused the Taliban of 'gross violation of Swat peace accord. Pushing the Taliban out of Buner does not mean the Army is willing to try to oust them from their Swat Valley stronghold, even though its statement on Sunday took a harsh stance toward the weekend incidents in Swat. The Army accused militants of looting a bank and said security forces discovered at least three explosives-laden vehicles apparently intended for suicide attacks. It blamed an attack on the power grid in the main Swat city of Mingora on the militants. It also said militants had partially blown up a bridge in the Khwaza Khela area of Swat. Clashes between security forces and militants left at least one soldier dead and three soldiers and four militants wounded, it added. The security forces Sunday evacuated 20 girls who were trapped in Daggar Girls College while 15 girls have been evacuated in a vehicle to Mardan while five girls were evacuated by helicopter to Mardan. In Upper Dir district, reportedly militants have released the NLC officials who were kidnapped at Gulabad on April 30, 2009. In Swat district, in gross violation of peace accord militants are involved in various criminal activities threatening the lives of civil population, civil administration as well as security forces personnel. On Sunday, the militants looted Habib Bank in Chakdar, it said. The militants on early Sunday morning exploded a Girls High School at Ningolai, Kabal and it was completely destroyed. On Saturday night at Watakai Chowk in Swat a miscreant (mechanic) was apprehended who was preparing a vehicle for suicide attack. Likewise, another suicide vehicle, which was moving to Saidu Sharif Swat was spotted by security forces and destroyed the vehicle after exchange of fire. Three militants were apprehended along with a suicide vehicle in Mingora Swat, it said. Meanwhile, the militants attacked a grid station in main Mingora City and Police Station Rahimabad on Saturday night. Exchange of fire took place between Police and militants which continued till morning. Miscreants fired upon security forces at Sambat Ridge and exchange of fire took place in which four miscreants were reportedly injured. Meanwhile, the miscreants abducted TMO Mingora along with his son from Sharifabad. Later, on militants released both of them but kept the vehicle. In Madian, militants fired at security forces that left one soldier martyred. The exchange of fire took place. Three other soldiers in various incidents of exchange of fire with militants were injured in various areas of Swat. Meanwhile, unknown militants here Sunday blew up a police post at Yakhtangi on Alpuri-Poran Road by detonating explosive material with a remote control device, however, no casualty has been reported, police sources said. Around 20 militants equipped with automatic weapons attacked Yakhtangi police post and made policemen hostage. However, the police officials later escaped from the custody of the militants.