MONTREAL: Cory Monteith, the Canadian star of the wildly popular TV musical series “Glee”, died of an accidental overdose of heroin and alcohol, the British Columbia coroner’s office has said. The office earlier had released the drugs involved at the time of his death but had not stated if the death was believed a suicide or an accident. “Coroner Claire Thompson concluded that Monteith, aged 31, died of mixed drug toxicity, involving intravenous heroin use combined with the ingestion of alcohol,” coroner’s office spokeswoman Barb McLintock said. “The death has been ruled accidental,” the statement added.–AFP