ISLAMABAD - A suicide attack Saturday evening at the Frontier Constabulary makeshift camp in the posh area of the federal capital has claimed the lives of at least sevem security personnel and a civilian, while injuring five others. The blast occurred in the upmarket residential area where several embassies, a UN office and diplomatic residences are also located. Police and eyewitnesses said a suicide bomber blew himself up when the FC personnel were busy in taking dinner at a camp, set up in the green belt alongside Margallah Road near Sector F-7. However, a massive firing was also heard after the blast. Soon after the blast, the police cordoned off the area and no one was allowed to go to the blast venue. Meanwhile, Rescue 1122 teams including police force and other law enforcement agencies reached the spot and undertook the rescue work. However, the blast created panic among the residents of the area and others, while the nearby markets presented a deserted look. The bang of the blast was so high that it was heard far and wide. An FC man was on duty outside the camp when the attacker tried to hit the FC men but he fired at him, and the attacker blew himself up, Advisor on Interior Rehman Malik said to the reporters on the spot. He said a suspected man had been taken into custody and the security agencies were investigating. We have already alarmed the security forces as some suicide bombers have entered into the major cities of the country, he stated. He added that the terrorists had also changed their tactics by sending a single attacker to hit the government agencies including security bodies at the top of list. No one has so far invented any machine to check the suicide attackers. The people should be vigilant and keep a close eye on the surroundings and should timely inform the law enforcement agencies to foil such acts of terrorism, Malik appealed to the public at large. The Advisor said that the police was not fully trained to handle such situations but now the government had decided to deploy fully equipped and trained 25,000 security personnel in every major city to counter any emergency. However, he added, bombproof walls would be constructed around the government offices and other important instalments. I have asked the administration to shift all such camps into buildings to address the security concerns, Malik said. DIG Operations Bin Yameen also visited the venue of the blast where he said that it was a suicide attack claiming lives of security personnel. The DIG also informed that a suspected person had been arrested from the venue. He said that 6 to 8 kilogram explosive was used in the blast. The police officer said the legs of the suicide bomber were found at the site of the blast. Deputy Commissioner Asadullah Faiz, when contacted said that 35 security personnel were living in the camp, where 7 have been killed and 5 others have sustained injuries. Turning down the report that some of the FC personnel were missing, he said that FC men opened fire in retaliation after the blast. Meanwhile, President Asif Ali Zardari has strongly condemned the Islamabad blast. The President in his message expressed his deep grief and shock over the loss of precious lives and injuries and conveyed his sincere condolences to the bereaved families. President Zardari reiterated the governments resolve to fight terrorism and militancy and said, Such acts of terrorism cannot deter the governments determination to fight terrorism in all its forms and manifestations. He also directed the authorities concerned to ensure the provision of best medical care to the injured. Prime Minister Syed Yousuf Raza Gilani has expressed grief and sorrow over the loss of precious lives in a suicide attack on FC check post. Strongly condemning this cowardly act of terrorism, the Prime Minister directed the law enforcement agencies to apprehend the perpetrators immediately and bring them to task. Minister for Information and Broadcasting Qamar Zaman Kaira also strongly condemned the suicide blast at Frontier Constabulary camp. In his message, the Minister expressed his condolence with the families of the deceased and prayed for the early recovery of the injured in the blast. Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif have also condemned the attack.