PESHAWAR Commandant Frontier Constabulary Sifwat Ghayur was killed along with his three guards when a suicide bomber attacked his vehicle at FC Chowk near Deans Trade Centre on Wednesday. According to CCTV footage, police sources and eyewitnesses, the suicide bomber targeted the vehicle of Sifwat Ghayur at traffic signal in FC Chowk. At least 10 other persons were also injured in the attack. The intensity of the attack was so severe that it jolted the entire city. Three vehicles were badly damaged while the dead bodies of the killed persons were retrieved after extinguishing fire. The rescue teams rushed towards the site soon after the blast and shifted the injured persons to Lady Reading Hospital. The injured persons were identified as Shakirullah, Muhammad Aslam, Raza Muhammad, Khan Muhammad, Khalid, Arif Gul, Abdul Rahman, Pervez Imtiaz and Aziz-ur-Rahman while the deceased were identified as Yasir Nadeem, Pervez Iqbal and Azhar Mahmood. Police and other law enforcement agencies cordoned off the area and started investigations. The head of the suicide bomber was recovered from the site. According to bomb disposal squad, eight kilograms explosive material was used in the attack. Meanwhile, Tehreek-e-Taliban Darra Adamkhel Chapter claimed the responsibility of the attack. The Provincial Government announced one-day mourning over the death of Sifwat Gahyur. Commandant FC Sifwat Ghayur was born in 1959 and was the son of Mohammad Qayyum. He was the grandson of Sardar Abdur Rab Nishtar, a prominent leader of the Pakistan Movement. He was brother-in-law of the Chief of Pakistan Peoples Party (S) Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao and cousin of incumbent DIG Peshawar Liaqat Ali Khan. Sifwat joined police department as ASP Peshawar in 1981and also remained on key posts in Intelligence Bureau and FIA. He also remained Commandant National Police Academy for three years. Expressing concern over the tragic death of Sifwat, Senior Minister KP Bashir Ahmad Bilour strongly condemned the incident and said that he was a valiant officer who aggressively dealt militancy and anti-social elements. KP Information Minister Mian Iftikhar Hussain said that they saluted Sifwat and his fellows who had been martyred in the suicide attack. He said that terrorists could not deter Governments determination through such mean tactics and the war against them would be continued till logical end. Agencies add: The suicide bomber struck his explosives-laden motorcycle with the vehicle of Commandant Sifwat Ghayur while he was coming out from FC headquarters in Cantonment area. The officer was killed on the spot while there are reports that his four gunmen were also killed. The vehicle was completely destroyed in the attack. The body of what appeared to be a teenage boy lay at the bombsite. His head and legs were severed, an AFP reporter said. We killed him, he was our target... all such officers who are active against us will suffer the same fate, Azam Tariq, a spokesman for Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan, told AFP by telephone. The precise nature of how the attack was carried out remained unclear. It seems the attacker was on foot. He was 13 to 14 years old and he blew himself up near Sifwat Ghayurs car, but we are still investigating it further, Shafqat Malik, bomb disposal chief in Peshawar, told AFP. But one witness told a private television channel that he saw the explosion after a car approached the vehicle in which Ghayur had been present. Two vehicles were seen engulfed in flames after the attack. Wednesdays bombing comes with Pakistan struggling to provide relief to around 3.2 million people affected by the countrys worst floods in living memory in the northwest and central Punjab. It was the first deadly suicide attack since July 26 when a bomber killed seven people as he targeted senior officials mourning the murdered son of KP Information Minister.