SRINAGAR (Agencies) Indian authorities deployed thousands of police and detained top Kashmiri leaders in Srinagar on Thursday to halt protests over the death of a Muslim boy. The 14-year-old child was struck by a teargas shell fired by police on Sunday during a demonstration. His death has sparked days of angry protests against New Delhis rule over the Muslim-majority region. About 100 protesters and policemen have been injured in clashes. Security forces on Thursday enforced restrictions in most parts of Srinagar to prevent further rallies. This has been done to maintain law and order, police officer Pervez Ahmed said. Residents said they were ordered to stay in their homes, though there was no formal curfew. Senior Kashmiri leaders were either detained in police stations or confined to their homes. I have been placed under house arrest, APHC Chief Mirwaiz Umar Farooq told AFP by telephone. Farooq said if New Delhi continued to kill people in Kashmir, then violent rebellion will return to the state. Shops, businesses and most government offices in Srinagar were closed and public transport stayed off the roads for a fourth day on Thursday. Despite tight security, some protesters clashed with police in Srinagar, officials and witnesses said, before tear gas was used to disperse them. Kashmiri separatists have been holding regular rallies, which often turn violent, since 2008. More than 60 protesters have died in the protests since then, most of them during firing by the police. Also on Thursday, Indian troops shot dead three freedom fighters during a gunbattle in the mountainous district of Kishtwar, about 170 kilometres south of Srinagar, a police spokesman said. He said a soldier was also killed in the fighting. Meanwhile, puppet authorities have arrested senior APHC leaders Shabbir Ahmad Shah, Nayeem Ahmad Khan and chairman of Democratic Political Movement, Firdous Ahmad Shah from their residences on Wednesday night. According to Kashmir Media Service, heavy contingents of police and troopers arrived at their residence on Wednesday evening and arrested them and were taken to unknown destinations outside Occupied Valley, a Hurriyat spokesman said. Meanwhile, police also raided the house of JKLF (r) leader, Javed Ahmad Mir. However, Mir was not present there.