ISLAMABAD - All Parties Hurriyet Conference leader Nayeem Ahmed Khan has deplored the failure of the UN Security Council to implement its resolutions on the Kashmir dispute.

According to KMS, Ahmed Khan said, "To change the present attitude of the Security Council towards Kashmir dispute we need to adopt a powerful diplomatic campaign backed by a strong resistance movement." In this regard, he said, the resistance leadership has the responsibility to create opportunities to meet the representatives of the member countries of the Security Council. "We need to have a strong resistance movement as well to back our diplomatic campaign because resistance is the only weapon which has defeated even the largest imperialists," he added.

Highlighting the importance of the UN resolutions on Kashmir, the APHC leader said these resolutions were the legal basis of Kashmiris' liberation movement. One who undermines the importance of the UN resolutions is either doing it deliberately or is not aware of the facts, he added.

Remembering the martyrs of Sopore, who were martyred by Indian occupation troops on January 6, 1994, he said "We salute our martyrs, their kith and kin and those who suffered losses at the hands of Indian forces."

He said that the mission of Kashmiri martyrs would be accomplished at all costs.

Meanwhile, in the Indian-held Kashmir, people staged demonstrations in Sopore after a teenage boy was found murdered at an orchard.

According to KMS, the body of 16-year-old Dawood Ahmad, a resident of Mahrajpora, was found in Ghousiaabad locality of the town and bore multiple stab wounds.

Dawood, a student of ninth class, had gone missing on Thursday evening after he left home with a relative.

"We searched for him everywhere. However, we couldn't find him. This morning, we found his body at an orchard," Dawood's uncle, Manzoor Ahmad, told mediamen.

When the body of the slain youth was brought to his native village, local residents took to streets and staged demonstrations.

The protesters demanded strict punishment for Dawood's killers. "There were deep injury marks on his chest which indicate that he was attacked with a sharp-edged weapon," locals said.

Superintendent of Police Sopore, Abdul Qayoom, said that a knife was also recovered by the police from the crime scene indicating that the boy had been stabbed to death. "The family had already filed a missing complaint with police. We have registered a case under section 302 and started further investigation," he said.