ISLAMABAD - The Supreme Court on Monday again directed Election Commission of Pakistan to clarify the position of 28 Parliamentarians, who were elected in the by-elections after the 18th Amendment. Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, however, directed the ECP to give the Senators, members National and Provincial Assemblies an opportunity to present their point of view and submit report in this regard at the SC Registrar office. A three-member bench comprising Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry, Justice Tassadque Hussain Jillani and Justice Khilji Arif Hussain heard Imran Khans petition against bogus votes in the electoral lists. Earlier, the Election Commission submitted the reply requesting the court to decide the matter of 28 MPs elected on by-elections. But the court rejected their stance and directed the ECP to decide the issue itself in view of AGPs statement that by-elections held after the 18th Amendment were invalid. During the hearing, Secretary Election Commission Ishtiaq Ahmed Khan informed the court that 37 million bogus votes have been excluded from voter lists, but 36 million new voters would be included with the assistance of National Database and Registration Authority (NADRA). He said the campaign for the verification of 80 million voters would be launched from July 18 and would be completed in a months time. It has also been decided to include pictures in the voters list, he said. The Secretary said that 0.1 million people would be engaged for door-to-door campaign to register new voters. The whole exercise will be completed by December 2011, he said, adding, that number of measures are involved in preparation of the lists, which would be taken up step by step. There will be photographs on voter lists. The whole process would be completed by December 2011. The Chief Justice remarked that it is said that patwaris are involved in preparing the electoral lists, therefore, such persons should be employed so that nobody could blame the ECP regarding voters lists. Earlier, Sher Afgan Joint Secretary ECP said that 37 million votes in the electoral lists were not bogus, but unverified votes and could not be removed till next year. He said if these 37 million votes are deleted than by-election could not be held in future. The court rejecting his point of view summoned the Secretary Election Commission, who took completely different stance and said that with the assistance of NADRA they were preparing new voters lists. He said for the last year they have been working on project to use electronic machine in elections, adding, they hope it would be introduced in the coming elections. The hearing was adjourned for an indefinite period.