RAWALPINDI  - A huge fire erupted in motor registration branch of Excise and Taxation office on Tuesday reducing all the important record related to vehicles into ashes.

Rescue 1122 rushed to the scene and extinguished fire.

Luckily, no causality occurred during the fire incident.

According to details, the fire broke out in the record room located on third floor of Excise and Taxation Office after leaking of petrol from generator tank. When the officials of ETO saw thick smoke emitting from the room, they immediately started evacuating the building. Within no time, the fire spread to nearby rooms including the record room burning all the record.

Talking to The Nation, a rescue worker said that 60 per cent of the record has been burnt in the fire while rest of record was destroyed due to water sprayed by water guns to overwhelm fire.

In an interaction with media persons, the excise & taxation officer (ETO) said that the fire caused no human loss. He said that it was old record that they have stored in the storeroom and was not much important.

He said that they have preserved the record and people would not face any trouble.