LONDON (AFP) - The Commonwealth Games will go ahead in India in 2010 despite heightened security concerns in the wake of the attack on the Sri Lankan cricket team in neighbouring Pakistan, the chief executive of the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF) said Wednesday. In a statement, Michael Hooper said the CGF was keeping the Indian authorities security arrangements under constant review with the help of Australian specialists Intelligent Risk (IR), and was confident preparations to ensure the maximum safety of athletes were on track. "IR was in Delhi with me last month and access was provided to the highest level of security officials within Delhi and India to hear about the very latest work of the relevant authorities," Hooper said. "IR's report to the CGF is provided to the authorities after each visit. As part of our comprehensive security monitoring plan IR are scheduled to visit Delhi a further eight times between now and October 2010 to give us an independent overview on the work being undertaken in this important area. "Security plans at all major events are subject to continual review and are amended as appropriate to reflect the threat assessment at a particular time. "Everyone is committed to creating a safe and secure environment for the Commonwealth's athletes." Amid speculation the Games might be moved to Melbourne, Australia's Commonwealth Games Association chief, Perry Crosswhite, had said earlier on Wednesday that the Games should go ahead in Delhi. Australian swimming legend champion Dawn Fraser has warned organisers they are risking "another Munich" by holding the Commonwealth Games in Delhi.