QUETTA - While condemning the targeted killings and recovery of decomposed bodies of Baloch youth and political workers, the leaders of Balochistan National Party (BNP-Mengal) have demanded for immediate end to human rights violations in Balochistan.

They alleged that Governor and Chief Minister Balochistan both were equally responsible for military action and excesses towards Baloch people in the province. The BNP-Mengal leaders, including Sajid Tareen, Agha Hassan Advocate and Ghulam Rasool Mengal made this demand while addressing a protest demo held outside Quetta Press Club on Sunday to condemn the killing of two BNP-Mengal leaders, Waheed and Sulemen Baloch who were killed in Khuzdar few days back.

The protestors were carrying placards and banners inscribed with different demands. They were also shouting slogans against recovery of decomposed bodies of missing persons.

Addressing the protestors, BNP-Mengal leaders said that atrocities towards Baloch people had further increased during this so-called democratic government. ‘Previously Baloch activists were being targeted but now the children and women are also not being spared’, they stated.

Condemning the killing of political workers and throwing away their bullet-riddled bodies of missing persons, they said adopting such incidents the Baloch people could not be deviated from their genuine struggle. They demanded of the humanitarian organisations for taking notice of human rights violation in Balochistan and stop excesses towards Baloch nation. Meanwhile, protest demos were also observed in various towns of Balochistan, including, Nushki, Khuzdar, Dera Murad Jamali, Sibi, Kalat, Mastung, Turbat and Gwadar by BNP-Mengal activists and condemned human rights violations in Balochistan.